Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Mexican Food Night
I had a great day. For one thing practice went awesome. Everyone seemed to be on some sort of drug that turns the bitchy people nice! It was truly astounding! If they keep this up, I could actually get used to it! Gasp. No.
But anyway, it wasn't just that. I also felt good. Surprisingly enough. Well aside from the part where I thought I was going to die after the sprints. My saving grace was that I came in first in one out of the eight sprints. And I beat the freshman wonder woman, Bachen, in one. So yeah. Bite me.
I think having a coach this year has really changed our team dynamic. Everyone just seems less cut throat. Then again, I could be jumping to conclusions because its just the preseason and the REAL race for roster slots has yet to begin. Let's see if this climate of niceness lasts through the rest of the year.
After practice, me and Lanti came back to my place and made chicken tacos, chips and guac for dinner. This girl is like this Mexican food maestro. When I say "we" cooked, I mean she cooked and I played the part of chef's assistant. We even made the chips from scratch!!! Yup. Amazing. We stuffed face and hung out in front of the TV for a while.
And I've promised to make her Singapore food. Which is something that I've been saying for a long time but have never actually gotten down to doing. I promise! Promise dammit! haha.
This is turning out to be a really good week. I have a manageable load of homework, and things seem to be falling into place. So yeah, go me.
Now its off to do homework.
But anyway, it wasn't just that. I also felt good. Surprisingly enough. Well aside from the part where I thought I was going to die after the sprints. My saving grace was that I came in first in one out of the eight sprints. And I beat the freshman wonder woman, Bachen, in one. So yeah. Bite me.
I think having a coach this year has really changed our team dynamic. Everyone just seems less cut throat. Then again, I could be jumping to conclusions because its just the preseason and the REAL race for roster slots has yet to begin. Let's see if this climate of niceness lasts through the rest of the year.
After practice, me and Lanti came back to my place and made chicken tacos, chips and guac for dinner. This girl is like this Mexican food maestro. When I say "we" cooked, I mean she cooked and I played the part of chef's assistant. We even made the chips from scratch!!! Yup. Amazing. We stuffed face and hung out in front of the TV for a while.
And I've promised to make her Singapore food. Which is something that I've been saying for a long time but have never actually gotten down to doing. I promise! Promise dammit! haha.
This is turning out to be a really good week. I have a manageable load of homework, and things seem to be falling into place. So yeah, go me.
Now its off to do homework.
Comments:
Post a Comment