<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Magic Shoes 

So remember how depressed I was last night? (And not to mention last Wednesday night when I realized that the Super Freshmen had decided to stage a coup?) Gone. Today was fuckin fab!

And its all because of these beautiful shoes. Bronze colored Lottos that possess me when I put them on, and turn my feet into churning windmills of speed. My cleats. I've figured it out. I've figured out why I played like a lumbering elephant last weekend.

I can't play lacrosse in my running shoes.

They're too heavy, and they weigh me down. When I put on the cleats however, its like this amazing lightness of being washes over me. Suddenly I can lift my legs again. I can run! Stunning.

It was awesome! We started practice with sprints, and I ran these in my running shoes. I suppose that's got something to do with the reason why sprints nearly killed me. I ran my ass off, was closer to the front of the pack than I was to the back. But by the end of the sprints I literally felt like hurling.

So then we go into a shooting drill. I'm cutting out from the goal line to receive the ball and take it to goal. I slip as I pivot. That's the point where I'm like "Fuck it. I'm not spraining an ankle the first week into practice." I hustle over to the sideline, kick off my Adidas trainers, and slip on my brand new cleats.

Immediately I feel the difference. The next drill is one where the ball is rolled out and 6 people race to it, trying to be the first one to get it.

The whistle sounds. I dash out. Holy hell. I swear it was like walking on a cloud after you've been trudging through a swamp with 10 pound weights tied to your ankles. The shoes and the feet melded into a single entity.

I could move again. The realization that I hadn't lost my speed did wonders for my self-esteem, and I went on to have an awesome practice.

But there's more. Today was just generallly one of those days where everyone's friendly, and even the bitchy people seem to have left their bitchiness at home. Also, I'm not as accurate with my stick as I'd like to be, but I felt much better this practice. Might have to do with the fact that Lanti and I passed around for a bit a couple of hours before practice. Still, the bottomline is that it was fantastic. Orgasmic even.

And we're back in the game biatches!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com