<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Livin' and Lovin' It 

This is just one of those weeks that I'm absolutely loving life, and nothing can touch me. You honestly feel invincible when the week goes as well as this one has. It's like the planets are finally aligned in the right order! (Ok so that was kinda dorky.)

But at any rate, I decided not to go to my Comm Theory class today. And as it turns out, a bunch of people decided to do that today too. So according to my friend Leslie who WAS there, with the room half empty, the prof decides to give a quiz on the movie they watched in class. Asshole. Five points down the drain right there.

Yet, even that was not enough to spoil my mood. I looked up internships online and added one more to my potential arsenal: A public relations internship at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. When I found it online, I was like "How cool is that?" Basically it combines my love for writing (the journalism major), my dorky inner history buff (the history major), and my childhood obsession with becoming an astronaut. Sounds cool huh?

So I went over to my favorite history prof's office after my afternoon class to ask him to write me recommendations. We ended up having a nice half hour conversation about random things. And I met his cute little 9 month year old daughter when his wife dropped the baby off on her way to a meeting. Bonding with teachers. Who would've thought? Gasp.

Then I headed to lacrosse, where I had another awesome practice with my NEW stick. Yup, shelled out fifty bucks for a brand new STX Incline. Its a little lighter than my old stick, so it'll definitelu take some getting used to. But I love the way it feels when I cradle, and its an awesome stick for scooping up those errant ground balls.

We ran 120's today. That basically means that you sprint up the length of a soccer field, and jog back down. Now multiply that by eight. Ye-ah. But aside from the sprints, I felt really good about my defense and stick work, which isn't something that I can say as often as I'd like.

And now, I've just turned in my Astronomy paper. My weekend's here! Gonna go see Waiting with the roommates at 10:30.

See? Life is good.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com