Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Car's Gone
So I went down to the garage last night to drive over to Lanti's because we were supposed to watch TV together. I take one look at the spot where I last parked my car. And realize that my car was gone. It just wasn't there. I walked up and down the garage for a couple of minutes with crazy thoughts going through my head-- it's a practical joke. Someone parked my car somewhere else. Maybe I walked back from Lanti's instead of driving last night.
But no. I concluded that it had been stolen. For a minute I was paralysed with fear. Somehow my fingers found Lanti's number in my phone. I call her and freaked out. She was like, "We'll call the cops. I'll be over in a minute. Go up and wait for me."
Numb, I obeyed. Went upstairs and told the roommates the story. Kara suggested I call the towing company before the cops just in case it was TOWED and not stolen. As I was calling, Lanti burst into the room. I swear she got there in like three minutes flat.
Apparently the stupid towing company towed my fucking car. Because I didn't have a 'parking permit'. Bullshit. Half the cars in our garage don't have permits! The only reason they only took mine was that mine was parked in the only spot where a tow truck could fit through!
I was incensed. So incensed I hurled my phone halfway across the room.
Basically what happened next was that Lanti and I had to drive to the fucking tow company's lot in Springfield this afternoon to rescue my car. Fucking ghetto ass place. And I had to shell out $160. I'm pissed. I'm gonna bitch out the management for this one.
In fact, I've already tried doing that. But stupid Amy Sullivan, the realtor, just refuses to return my calls! Ugh! I'm so frustrated!
Still, aside from the car, life is going well. Let's just say that I thrive on flirtatious relationships with new people.
That's a teaser. I'll leave you with that and fill you in if anything comes of it. But I think we'll know by Saturday night.
But no. I concluded that it had been stolen. For a minute I was paralysed with fear. Somehow my fingers found Lanti's number in my phone. I call her and freaked out. She was like, "We'll call the cops. I'll be over in a minute. Go up and wait for me."
Numb, I obeyed. Went upstairs and told the roommates the story. Kara suggested I call the towing company before the cops just in case it was TOWED and not stolen. As I was calling, Lanti burst into the room. I swear she got there in like three minutes flat.
Apparently the stupid towing company towed my fucking car. Because I didn't have a 'parking permit'. Bullshit. Half the cars in our garage don't have permits! The only reason they only took mine was that mine was parked in the only spot where a tow truck could fit through!
I was incensed. So incensed I hurled my phone halfway across the room.
Basically what happened next was that Lanti and I had to drive to the fucking tow company's lot in Springfield this afternoon to rescue my car. Fucking ghetto ass place. And I had to shell out $160. I'm pissed. I'm gonna bitch out the management for this one.
In fact, I've already tried doing that. But stupid Amy Sullivan, the realtor, just refuses to return my calls! Ugh! I'm so frustrated!
Still, aside from the car, life is going well. Let's just say that I thrive on flirtatious relationships with new people.
That's a teaser. I'll leave you with that and fill you in if anything comes of it. But I think we'll know by Saturday night.
Comments:
Post a Comment