Sunday, October 09, 2005
Baptism of the Apartment
The roommates and I threw a party this weekend. Sort of a house warming. But more on that later.
I went on my blind date this weekend. Jane, me and James had dinner at Carson (the dorms) then went ot see Flightplan. Basically me and James kind of hit it off during dinner. He's a history major. So we spent half of dinner talking about the causes of WWI. I know, I'm a dork. Then during the movie, he spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to hold my hand. I eventually let him. So I had a good time, and it was kinda fun. He's really intelligent, and that was definitely a plus point.
But at the same time, the guy's blond, kinda pale, and not exactly my type. So basically there's no sexual attraction there. And when there's no sexual attraction, there's usually no spark. Still, I liked him enough to give him my number when he asked for it, and to agree to go out with him again.
We'll see if the 'sexual attraction' increases. But I'm not counting on it. He's a great guy. Just not what I'm looking for.
After the movie, I spent the rest of the night at Alec's party where we got buzzed and watched different people hooking up with each other. Interesting stuff.
But last night at my own party was definitely the highlight of my weekend. It was awesome. I had all my friends over, and they seemed to mix pretty well with Kara's friends. First we watched the Ducks game that was on TV. Then turned the music on and started dancing.
By the end of the night, people started leaving, and me, Kara, Kara's sister Hannah, and Sully were pretty damn drunk. The way Lanti tells it, I was so far gone, she had to carry me to bed like three times. Yup. CARRY. Now this girl's not exactly that huge. She's about my size, maybe a little bigger. So I have no idea how she managed to pick me up. But she did. Amazing.
Then she proceeded to get Hannah and both my trashed roommates into bed with the help of Hannah's boyfriend, Scott. But wait. There's more. Apparently the three of them ended up puking. Hannah even puked all over Kara's bed. Lanti actually cleaned up the puke and got everyone into bed before she went home. And she wasn't sober either. She was pretty buzzed, but evidently not as drunk as the rest of us of course.
Still my roommates and I woke up realizing how awesomely she had taken care of us the night before. And now she's the patron saint of apartment 302.
Great to have friends like that huh? I just love that girl!
We had a great weekend though. And now it's back to schoolwork. Ugh.
I went on my blind date this weekend. Jane, me and James had dinner at Carson (the dorms) then went ot see Flightplan. Basically me and James kind of hit it off during dinner. He's a history major. So we spent half of dinner talking about the causes of WWI. I know, I'm a dork. Then during the movie, he spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to hold my hand. I eventually let him. So I had a good time, and it was kinda fun. He's really intelligent, and that was definitely a plus point.
But at the same time, the guy's blond, kinda pale, and not exactly my type. So basically there's no sexual attraction there. And when there's no sexual attraction, there's usually no spark. Still, I liked him enough to give him my number when he asked for it, and to agree to go out with him again.
We'll see if the 'sexual attraction' increases. But I'm not counting on it. He's a great guy. Just not what I'm looking for.
After the movie, I spent the rest of the night at Alec's party where we got buzzed and watched different people hooking up with each other. Interesting stuff.
But last night at my own party was definitely the highlight of my weekend. It was awesome. I had all my friends over, and they seemed to mix pretty well with Kara's friends. First we watched the Ducks game that was on TV. Then turned the music on and started dancing.
By the end of the night, people started leaving, and me, Kara, Kara's sister Hannah, and Sully were pretty damn drunk. The way Lanti tells it, I was so far gone, she had to carry me to bed like three times. Yup. CARRY. Now this girl's not exactly that huge. She's about my size, maybe a little bigger. So I have no idea how she managed to pick me up. But she did. Amazing.
Then she proceeded to get Hannah and both my trashed roommates into bed with the help of Hannah's boyfriend, Scott. But wait. There's more. Apparently the three of them ended up puking. Hannah even puked all over Kara's bed. Lanti actually cleaned up the puke and got everyone into bed before she went home. And she wasn't sober either. She was pretty buzzed, but evidently not as drunk as the rest of us of course.
Still my roommates and I woke up realizing how awesomely she had taken care of us the night before. And now she's the patron saint of apartment 302.
Great to have friends like that huh? I just love that girl!
We had a great weekend though. And now it's back to schoolwork. Ugh.
Comments:
Post a Comment