Saturday, July 16, 2005
Shopping in Portland
Wow. Today's been fun. But so exhausting. I woke up at 7am, and me and Jane drove up to Portland. Not in Randi though, in her car. I don't think I should be driving on the freeway yet.
At any rate, we got to Portland by 10am just as the malls were opening. And really just shopped till we dropped. We went from place to place nonstop. First Pioneer Square, then Northwest 23rd-- which is this really cute shopping strip with lots of little boutiques-- and later on to Woodburn and the factory outlet stores.
Basically, I spent way more than I should have, got a bunch of cute tops, as well as new running shoes.
This was also the first time I'd ever had to navigate my way around Portland. Jane's from Colorado, so she's not familiar with the Portland area. So the two of us just groped around with the help of Mapquest. We got ridiculously lost a couple of times. But hey, getting lost is part and parcel of getting to know an area right?
We were back in Eugene by 7:45. And I had dinner with two girls from my scuba class whom I've become really good friends with. Lauren and Amelia. It was a blast. Me and Amelia are going on the open water weekend trip next weekend. But Lauren's flying home to Virginia this Sunday. Too bad. We'll miss her. The three of us have become quite the Terrible Threesome in class.
At any rate, we got to Portland by 10am just as the malls were opening. And really just shopped till we dropped. We went from place to place nonstop. First Pioneer Square, then Northwest 23rd-- which is this really cute shopping strip with lots of little boutiques-- and later on to Woodburn and the factory outlet stores.
Basically, I spent way more than I should have, got a bunch of cute tops, as well as new running shoes.
This was also the first time I'd ever had to navigate my way around Portland. Jane's from Colorado, so she's not familiar with the Portland area. So the two of us just groped around with the help of Mapquest. We got ridiculously lost a couple of times. But hey, getting lost is part and parcel of getting to know an area right?
We were back in Eugene by 7:45. And I had dinner with two girls from my scuba class whom I've become really good friends with. Lauren and Amelia. It was a blast. Me and Amelia are going on the open water weekend trip next weekend. But Lauren's flying home to Virginia this Sunday. Too bad. We'll miss her. The three of us have become quite the Terrible Threesome in class.
Comments:
Post a Comment