<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Lazy Sunday BBQ 

I spent the first half of the afternoon studying for my driving test. And I think I know what I'm doing now, and am all set to take the test on Tuesday. Then Jessie called to invite me over to The House. (the house where she, Stacy and Laura live.) So I rode my bike over at 5pm.

It was a lot of fun. Just a chill Sunday in their backyard with the usual gang. Crystal, Angela, Austin and Swells were there too, and we just talked and hung out. Later on we barbequed some shish kebabs, and I have tofu-hot dogs for the first time because these people are mostly vegan.

To me surprise, the tofu hot dogs were actually pretty yummy. They tasted like real hot dogs!! Well almost. Same taste, strange tofu-like texture.

Then we played a few raucous rounds of beer pong. As usual, I rocked that game. I played once with Laura and once with Emily. We won both times.

Crystal offered me her car today. For free. She's moving to New York and can't take it with her. The only problem is that its a 1979 Volvo. Dad's already freaked out about the idea of me buying a 'really old' (in his words, not mine) 1997 Volvo. So I don't think he's gonna be too keen on the idea of me taking Crystal's 26 year old car. Still, the plus point is that it's absolutely free. And that means I'll save the parentals about $2,000. But even then, the odds that he'll go for that are very very slim.

Too bad because I really don't care what car I get as long as it works. A car's a car right? If I can get wheels and save money doing it I figure why not.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com