Monday, July 18, 2005
Going Solo
Drove on my own for the first time this past weekend. First, I went for a short drive around campus on Saturday night. Then on Sunday, I drove to the video store to return some DVD's, went to work, and from there, headed over to the grocery store. The freedom is amazing. I love Miranda.
Also, for all you bibliophiles out there, yes, this post is named in honor of Roald Dahl's book "Going Solo" because I saw Willy Wonka today and absolutely LOVED it! I think Tim Burton did an awesome job with the movie, and kept ALL the main details intact. Phenomenal.
But anyways, the second half of summer term started today. And grades should technically have been posted already, though I checked and havent found mine yet.
However, the most awesome thing is that I PASSED ECON!
Yup! I checked my score today to find that Kelii (the teacher) had miraculously added three points to my final grade. And those three measly points made a shitload of difference because it bumped me up to a 75% overall. Which puts me firmly right smack in 'C' range.
So, I PASSED!!
Whoopie!!! I was ecstatic. Absolutely thrilled beyond belief. It means I never have to look a Microeconomics textbook in the face again for as long as I shall live. Do you know how absolutely ridiculously awesome that is?
In other news, the new term also comes with new decisions. Right now, because I've rid myself of two classes, I only have Info Hell on my plate.
However, the Creative Writing department is offering a Science Fiction creative writing course for the next four weeks. Four days a week, two and a half hours a day. I went for the first class today and the teacher seems really cool. The only question now is whether I want to struggle with two classes again or whether I just want to focus my energies solely on InfoHell?
The Scifi class is incredibly tempting. But right now I'm leaning towards the idea of just having one class to deal with for the next month. What's everyone else think?
Also, for all you bibliophiles out there, yes, this post is named in honor of Roald Dahl's book "Going Solo" because I saw Willy Wonka today and absolutely LOVED it! I think Tim Burton did an awesome job with the movie, and kept ALL the main details intact. Phenomenal.
But anyways, the second half of summer term started today. And grades should technically have been posted already, though I checked and havent found mine yet.
However, the most awesome thing is that I PASSED ECON!
Yup! I checked my score today to find that Kelii (the teacher) had miraculously added three points to my final grade. And those three measly points made a shitload of difference because it bumped me up to a 75% overall. Which puts me firmly right smack in 'C' range.
So, I PASSED!!
Whoopie!!! I was ecstatic. Absolutely thrilled beyond belief. It means I never have to look a Microeconomics textbook in the face again for as long as I shall live. Do you know how absolutely ridiculously awesome that is?
In other news, the new term also comes with new decisions. Right now, because I've rid myself of two classes, I only have Info Hell on my plate.
However, the Creative Writing department is offering a Science Fiction creative writing course for the next four weeks. Four days a week, two and a half hours a day. I went for the first class today and the teacher seems really cool. The only question now is whether I want to struggle with two classes again or whether I just want to focus my energies solely on InfoHell?
The Scifi class is incredibly tempting. But right now I'm leaning towards the idea of just having one class to deal with for the next month. What's everyone else think?
Comments:
Post a Comment