<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Getting Behind the Wheel 

I picked up the car today. And it was a more complicated process than I orginally imagined. Basically Crystal screwed me over two days in a row. Yesterday and today. She called me this morning at 11am to say that she wouldn't be able to take me to get the car because she'd just gotten notice of a family emergency and would be leaving for LA within the hour.

I know she didn't mean to, and I hate to be a bitch. But I'm still kinda bitter because she let me down two days in a row. So much for friends being there for you when you need them.

Anyway, Kara and I ended up taking a taxi to go pick the car up. Then Kara drove it back her to the mechanic, and we got him to assess the repairs necessary.

After that, we took the car over to the empty parking lots at Autzen Stadium and I got behind the wheel for the first time as Kara taught me to drive! It was absolutely exhilerating! i never knew how much multi-tasking was involved in driving!!

So yeah, that ws awesome, and we're still working on my driving skills, as well as the price of the car.

But otherwise, I'd say the car's practically a done deal. The dark green 1997 Volvo 850 GLT is almost MINE! It's so unreal to even think about it!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com