<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Driving 

I went driving with Jane today. First we went around the parking lot a couple of times. Then I went up to the area around Mac Court, and we drove around. It was the first time I'd been on a real road, and boy was that a learning experience.

Then I got onto Franklin, which is a pretty busy road, and I drove us to the theater where we were going to see Saving Face. There were definitely a couple of hair-raising moments. And I was glad that there weren't that many cars on the road around campus-- since it was a Friday night and its currently Summer term. But all in all, I get more confident with every mile.

About the movie: Saving Face was amazing. Everyone should see it. It's a small budget indie movie starring Joan Chen and a couple of other Asian-American actresses. But the bottom line is that its the first Asian movie that I've ever legitimately enjoyed. And also the first one that I can actually say I identify with.

That's one DVD I'm gonna be buying.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com