Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Crazy Russians and Hope-less Aspirations
Okay I swear I wanna strangle my J202 prof. The crazy Ruskie is well, crazy. We were supposed to turn in a four page essay outline today. I go to class and a couple of kids are like "Did you get the email? He emailed us at like 9pm last night and wanted us to turn in our list of annotations and works cited list too."
So I'm pissed off. Like wtf, you can't email people at 9pm the night before an assignment is due and expect everyone to get the memo. Bloody hell. So he comes in and I make a fuss about how I don't have the extra stuff because I didn't check my frigging email last night.
And he's like "Well I said it in class yesterday too. The email was just a reminder." Uh hello. Class was cancelled yesterday you fucking moron. I highlight this, and half the class backs me up.
He then says, "Well I announced it on Monday." Addressing the class, he says, "Who heard me say it on Monday?" Not a single hand in the room went up. He was either on drugs on Monday or he was teaching another class and thought he was in this one.
Moron.
So in the end he says, "Well I could swear I said it. But since no one heard me and only half the class got the email in time, the extra stuff won't count towards your grade."
Well like fuck yeah it better not. Stupid bugger. I'm about done with him.
In other news, I posted a couple of ads on an online Eugene community message board last night. Just for shits and giggles. I didn't expect to get any replies, but I was desperate to find some tennis partners. So I put up ads asking if anyone wants to play tennis.
And wow. That is one damn popular message board. I've gotten four replies so far. I even started chatting with one guy on AIM last night. His name's Tobias. Beefy fella. 6'1, 275 pounds. Not hot, but seems nice enough. He made it clear in his first email to me that he was looking for a tennis partner "nothing more, nothing less." But then, we exchanged pics, and he was like "Wow. You're hot." Haha. He was completely blown away when he found out I was single. And then the whole tone of your online convo changed, and he started subtly flirting with me.
Nice to finally get SOME sort of attention from the opposite sex again.
See. Just goes to show that when you do stupid things like putting up online personal ads, the best way to approach it is to treat it as a big joke and not expect a single reply. That way anything more comes as a pleasant surprise.
So I'm pissed off. Like wtf, you can't email people at 9pm the night before an assignment is due and expect everyone to get the memo. Bloody hell. So he comes in and I make a fuss about how I don't have the extra stuff because I didn't check my frigging email last night.
And he's like "Well I said it in class yesterday too. The email was just a reminder." Uh hello. Class was cancelled yesterday you fucking moron. I highlight this, and half the class backs me up.
He then says, "Well I announced it on Monday." Addressing the class, he says, "Who heard me say it on Monday?" Not a single hand in the room went up. He was either on drugs on Monday or he was teaching another class and thought he was in this one.
Moron.
So in the end he says, "Well I could swear I said it. But since no one heard me and only half the class got the email in time, the extra stuff won't count towards your grade."
Well like fuck yeah it better not. Stupid bugger. I'm about done with him.
In other news, I posted a couple of ads on an online Eugene community message board last night. Just for shits and giggles. I didn't expect to get any replies, but I was desperate to find some tennis partners. So I put up ads asking if anyone wants to play tennis.
And wow. That is one damn popular message board. I've gotten four replies so far. I even started chatting with one guy on AIM last night. His name's Tobias. Beefy fella. 6'1, 275 pounds. Not hot, but seems nice enough. He made it clear in his first email to me that he was looking for a tennis partner "nothing more, nothing less." But then, we exchanged pics, and he was like "Wow. You're hot." Haha. He was completely blown away when he found out I was single. And then the whole tone of your online convo changed, and he started subtly flirting with me.
Nice to finally get SOME sort of attention from the opposite sex again.
See. Just goes to show that when you do stupid things like putting up online personal ads, the best way to approach it is to treat it as a big joke and not expect a single reply. That way anything more comes as a pleasant surprise.
Comments:
Post a Comment