Sunday, June 19, 2005
Welcome Back to a Jackpot
Holy hell! I opened my mailbox today. And what do I find inside? A US$1,000 cheque made out to yours truly! Apparently I just won the History Department's Edwin Bingham Scholarship! The letter says I was nominated by Prof Dracobly. My fave history prof ever. I've taken like 3 courses from him, and am taking another one this summer!
This is AWESOME! A thousand dollars just fell into my lap. I'm in heaven dreaming of what I'm gonna do with it. I could either take a weekend trip to Hawaii to visit Clarence, or save it and let it go towards the Stef Needs a Car fund! Or split it and do both! The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Scholarship aside, my trip to Boulder was AWESOME. I had so much fun there that I actually think I could want to live there for a little bit in future. It's like Eugene, only much more populated and richer. Which is actually perfect.
And the scenery is like none other. I have NEVER seen the sky as blue as it was in Boulder. At night, stars come out, and you can actually see them shining! It was a really chill week. Just what the doctor ordered.
Me and Lanti shopped around a couple of days, ate some great food, went on a hike, and babysat her three siblings-- Rachel, Daniel and Ana: the most adorable little people I've ever seen in my whole fucking life. Oh and we also spent a night at the family's mountain home in Vail. Which in itself was fucking cool. Vail was beautiful. The mountains were spectacular. And I love Colorado.
Great week. My batteries are recharged. And now I come back to $1,000 to kick off summer term. Fantastic. Stupendous. Ridiculous.
This is AWESOME! A thousand dollars just fell into my lap. I'm in heaven dreaming of what I'm gonna do with it. I could either take a weekend trip to Hawaii to visit Clarence, or save it and let it go towards the Stef Needs a Car fund! Or split it and do both! The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Scholarship aside, my trip to Boulder was AWESOME. I had so much fun there that I actually think I could want to live there for a little bit in future. It's like Eugene, only much more populated and richer. Which is actually perfect.
And the scenery is like none other. I have NEVER seen the sky as blue as it was in Boulder. At night, stars come out, and you can actually see them shining! It was a really chill week. Just what the doctor ordered.
Me and Lanti shopped around a couple of days, ate some great food, went on a hike, and babysat her three siblings-- Rachel, Daniel and Ana: the most adorable little people I've ever seen in my whole fucking life. Oh and we also spent a night at the family's mountain home in Vail. Which in itself was fucking cool. Vail was beautiful. The mountains were spectacular. And I love Colorado.
Great week. My batteries are recharged. And now I come back to $1,000 to kick off summer term. Fantastic. Stupendous. Ridiculous.
Comments:
Post a Comment