Thursday, June 02, 2005
Thank the Maya Gods
I went to Anthro today and sat through the entire lecture getting grumpier and grumpier by the minute because I was thinking about how much studying I'd have to do for that stupid class this weekend if I was going to try and cram all the 3 million different terms that were listed on the study guide, into my head.
Then a miracle happened.
At the end of class, Prof Kennett says he has an announcement to make. He has decided that the final will be a take home. Which basically means that we take it home as an open book test and turn it in when we're done! He distributes the paper and says good luck. I look at the final and I nearly faint with the realization that if I'd had to take it in class, I'd be pretty much screwed.
So that's a weight off my shoulders. And now I officially have three take home essays and only one final next week! Fuck yeah!
This afternoon Britt called me to say that she'd be leaving for Arizona tomorrow to get treatment for her cancer. This time she sounded a lot more down than she had the last time I'd spoken to her. I guess it finally set in. I felt so bad for her though. I ran out and bought a 'get well soon' card. Then I spent the next hour or so rushing around campus trying to find her friends and get them to sign it.
After dinner, Charlotte and I took the card over to Britt's place. I really hope everything works out okay for her. She doesn't deserve this. No one does.
Spent the rest of the night at the library with Lanti. And on my way home, I calculated the number of hours I actually spend in this house on any given day. I was shocked. Within a typical 24 hour span on the weekdays, I'm normally home for only 7. That's less than a good night's sleep!
Then a miracle happened.
At the end of class, Prof Kennett says he has an announcement to make. He has decided that the final will be a take home. Which basically means that we take it home as an open book test and turn it in when we're done! He distributes the paper and says good luck. I look at the final and I nearly faint with the realization that if I'd had to take it in class, I'd be pretty much screwed.
So that's a weight off my shoulders. And now I officially have three take home essays and only one final next week! Fuck yeah!
This afternoon Britt called me to say that she'd be leaving for Arizona tomorrow to get treatment for her cancer. This time she sounded a lot more down than she had the last time I'd spoken to her. I guess it finally set in. I felt so bad for her though. I ran out and bought a 'get well soon' card. Then I spent the next hour or so rushing around campus trying to find her friends and get them to sign it.
After dinner, Charlotte and I took the card over to Britt's place. I really hope everything works out okay for her. She doesn't deserve this. No one does.
Spent the rest of the night at the library with Lanti. And on my way home, I calculated the number of hours I actually spend in this house on any given day. I was shocked. Within a typical 24 hour span on the weekdays, I'm normally home for only 7. That's less than a good night's sleep!
Comments:
Post a Comment