<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

SCUBA Mania! 

Whoo! I made a trip to the Dive Shop to get my Scuba gear today. Blew $180 on a mask, snorkel, boots and fins as part of the U of O Student package.

But it wasn't as easy as it sounds. It turns out that I have the WEIRDEST shaped body parts ever! I had to try on like 10 different masks before I found one that would fit my weird face. As for gloves, my hands are too big for the small, too small for the medium. I couldn't fit the standard issue shoes that come with the student package. So they had to get me special ones.

Still, it all worked out in the end. The owner let me pay the package price even with my non-standard items. My mask was supposed to be a more expensive model. But because it was the last one-- the display model-- he let me have it for the same price as the standard mask. Ditto for the boots. haha. So I got away with some deals.

On to something else. My friend Britt who has breast cancer went in for surgery this morning. A bilateral masectomy with reconstruction. Basically means that they took out her breasts and then did some plastic surgery so she now has implants. The procedure lasted five hours.

I called her girlfriend later and it appears that Britt's doing well. The cancer hadn't spread to the lymph nodes yet, so it looks like she's gonna be okay. And she might be back in school next year. Yay for Britt! That girl is just so resilient.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com