Monday, June 06, 2005
Pre Classic and PARTY
So I had a great weekend. Dunno why I didn't think to blog about it until now. Have been preoccupied with other things I suppose.
But basically, me, Sully and Kara worked the Prefontaine Classic on Saturday. The Pre Classic is a huge international track meet held at Hayward Field. We volunteered for the event, got assigned to the kid's tent, and spent the afternoon playing with kids and distributing stickers for an hour. I return, we got all access passes to the event and free Nike t-shirts. This means that I got within arms-length distances of world class track stars like Justin Gatlin, Paula Radcliffe and Bernard Lagat! Amazing!
Then Saturday night, we went to the prom organized by The Office. I ended up going in a huge group with Alec, Lola and a bunch of other people. We danced the night away like crazy mofos, then headed over to Branden's for the after-party. I had a ton of fun, and it was great to see everyone all dressed up. Crystal in particular looked resplendent in a floor length pink Academy-Awards red carpet caliber gown. She even had a tiara. A tiara for god's sakes! Only Crystal could pull that off.
Anyway, great fun yesterday. Today, I spent the entire day trying to write papers. And that's what I'm currently still doing. Ugh. Peace out everyone.
But basically, me, Sully and Kara worked the Prefontaine Classic on Saturday. The Pre Classic is a huge international track meet held at Hayward Field. We volunteered for the event, got assigned to the kid's tent, and spent the afternoon playing with kids and distributing stickers for an hour. I return, we got all access passes to the event and free Nike t-shirts. This means that I got within arms-length distances of world class track stars like Justin Gatlin, Paula Radcliffe and Bernard Lagat! Amazing!
Then Saturday night, we went to the prom organized by The Office. I ended up going in a huge group with Alec, Lola and a bunch of other people. We danced the night away like crazy mofos, then headed over to Branden's for the after-party. I had a ton of fun, and it was great to see everyone all dressed up. Crystal in particular looked resplendent in a floor length pink Academy-Awards red carpet caliber gown. She even had a tiara. A tiara for god's sakes! Only Crystal could pull that off.
Anyway, great fun yesterday. Today, I spent the entire day trying to write papers. And that's what I'm currently still doing. Ugh. Peace out everyone.
Comments:
Post a Comment