<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 02, 2005

LAX Awards BBQ 

So we officially rounded up our season today with a lacrosse team barbeque. Team awards were given out today, and I won "Most Intimidating." I don't know whether to be flattered or offended. I think I'll go with flattered for now. haha. The "Award" was a bottle of Corona beer with a sticker over the label with your name and the award you got. It was great.

It was pretty nice bonding with the team for a while, especially since I haven't seen them in so long. Lauren P. is leaving. She's our only senior and she graduates next week. I'm definitely gonna miss her because she's always been really helpful, she was always willing to talk or work on skills whenever I asked.

But we do have to move on, and Lauren got a little teary eyed as she gave a short goodbye speech.

That was it. The 2004-2005 season all wrapped up. I didn't accomplish as much as I would've liked to this season, but I learnt some things about myself. I've realized that I'm growing up. Lacrosse is fun. But it's no longer the be-all and end-all of my life like how it was freshman year, or like how netball was for the seven years prior to lacrosse.

This year, I ended up diversifying outwards a little bit. And it's as if a whole new world has been open to me. A world that I want to incorporate into my life now. I probably won't get a first string spot on the team next year. I'll probably be warming the bench a lot. But you know what, for the first time in my life, I don't resent that. It's just the way it is. It's what's in the heart that matters.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com