Sunday, June 12, 2005
Closure
Ok, I haven't blogged all week. My bad. It's been crazy around here. I thought I'd get a break after finals right? Wrong. The last few days have been a crazed madhouse of parties, moving and more parties. Here's the rundown. It's gonna be long. Read it little by little if you actually do read it at all.
Thursday
I spent the afternoon at the mall getting graduation gifts for a couple of people. That was my original intention anyway. It turned out to be more like Stef buying one graduation gift, and then going on a mad post-finals-induced shopping spree. It was awesome. I got a couple of cute skirts, and tried on some shoes.
After the mall, I went to the Lavender Graduation ceremony and schmoozed around for the little bit. The night was spent at Jenn's party. First we splashed around in the pool for a bit. Then we dug into our Alcohol Potluck of cheap wine, beer, whiskey, vodka, tequila and peppermint schnapps. Some people were VERY drunk at the end of that.
Friday
I wake up late. Awesome. Run some errands, have lunch with Piyawan, and spend the rest of the day helping Alec move her stuff out of her apartment and into her storage unit. That takes forever because Al has accumulated lots of shit!!! We move till 6pm, then I go home, shower, and Alicia picks me up to go to Stacy, Jessie and Laura's graduation party.
The party is da bomb!!! Pinata, free food, free beer, and BEER PONG! Me and Alicia partner up for beer pong, and go undefeated throughout the night. Friday night also marks the birth of our poseur band which consists of: Sloh, A-Scog (Ace), Frenchy and The Zimm Man. Don't fuck with us. I have some ridiculously pictures of us from that night.
We like the party so much that we're the last ones to leave!
Saturday
Saturday is absolutely insane, and I go out of my mind trying to rush from one place to another. Wake up at 9am, rush to watch Julia, Swells and MB graduate at the journalism school's graduation ceremony. 10am, rush off to watch Lola graduate at the tiny Classics Department's graduation ceremony. John Nicols, my history advisor, sees me in the crowd and pays tribute to me in his closing address when he's talking about how he keeps pictures of his Freshman Interest Group students, "like Stefanie Loh sitting there, not ready to graduate yet." So that when kids like Stefanie go out into the world in two years time, he can take those pictures out and reminiscence. Honorable mention indeed.
I pop back to the j-school's graduation after the Classics one. Just in time to catch the end of it and pose for pictures with the people I know. Then it's off to Alec's for another crazy afternoon of packing and moving.
The packing and moving takes longer than expected, even with two of us working like crazy and not even stopping for lunch. I rush back to school for Boobsy's psych department graduation more than a half hour late. But I do get a picture of her in cap and gown before rushing off to the Women's and Gender Studies graduation at 4pm.
I watch Crystal, Bre and Jessie graduate. Stay an hour and run home to change and get ready for dinner with Boob's family. We have dinner at some Thai place at 6pm. By 7:30pm, I'm off to Erin's to wait for our ride to come take us to Crystal's Graduation party, a classy, expensive affair at the Secret House Vineyard out in Veneta. A half hour's drive away. She's chartered a taxi to chauffeur guests back and forth.
Crystal requested that I go 'butch'. So as a goodbye honor to my good friend, I do. Blue shirt and silver tie, complete with black jacket and pants. I surprise everyone. They all love my outfit because it's so out of character for me.
I also present Crystal with the graduation gift I custom made for her. A personalized calendar with photos of us and our friends. And if that's not good enough, the cover is the kicker. I got a poster of the L Word online, and spent five painful hours Photoshopping Crystal's face onto it in place of one of the other actresses. I also change "The L Word" to say "The CrystaL Show: Official 2005-2006 Calendar."
She loves it. She loves my outfit. She goes crazy hugging me. It's great.
The rest of the night is spent consuming copious amounts of wine and dancing with everyone on the dance floor. Brit's come back for the weekend to see people graduate. And we all mob her. The Band is reunited for more pictures. We drink wine. And dance.
I love every minute of it.
And thus, sophomore year has come to an end. This is the best year I've had ever. And I'm having a hard time saying goodbye to it, and to the people who made it what it was for me, because I don't see how next year could ever top this one.
But here's a big thank you to everyone who made an impact on my life this year. Whatever happens, they'll always be in my heart.
Goodbye, Good Luck, and I love you.
Thursday
I spent the afternoon at the mall getting graduation gifts for a couple of people. That was my original intention anyway. It turned out to be more like Stef buying one graduation gift, and then going on a mad post-finals-induced shopping spree. It was awesome. I got a couple of cute skirts, and tried on some shoes.
After the mall, I went to the Lavender Graduation ceremony and schmoozed around for the little bit. The night was spent at Jenn's party. First we splashed around in the pool for a bit. Then we dug into our Alcohol Potluck of cheap wine, beer, whiskey, vodka, tequila and peppermint schnapps. Some people were VERY drunk at the end of that.
Friday
I wake up late. Awesome. Run some errands, have lunch with Piyawan, and spend the rest of the day helping Alec move her stuff out of her apartment and into her storage unit. That takes forever because Al has accumulated lots of shit!!! We move till 6pm, then I go home, shower, and Alicia picks me up to go to Stacy, Jessie and Laura's graduation party.
The party is da bomb!!! Pinata, free food, free beer, and BEER PONG! Me and Alicia partner up for beer pong, and go undefeated throughout the night. Friday night also marks the birth of our poseur band which consists of: Sloh, A-Scog (Ace), Frenchy and The Zimm Man. Don't fuck with us. I have some ridiculously pictures of us from that night.
We like the party so much that we're the last ones to leave!
Saturday
Saturday is absolutely insane, and I go out of my mind trying to rush from one place to another. Wake up at 9am, rush to watch Julia, Swells and MB graduate at the journalism school's graduation ceremony. 10am, rush off to watch Lola graduate at the tiny Classics Department's graduation ceremony. John Nicols, my history advisor, sees me in the crowd and pays tribute to me in his closing address when he's talking about how he keeps pictures of his Freshman Interest Group students, "like Stefanie Loh sitting there, not ready to graduate yet." So that when kids like Stefanie go out into the world in two years time, he can take those pictures out and reminiscence. Honorable mention indeed.
I pop back to the j-school's graduation after the Classics one. Just in time to catch the end of it and pose for pictures with the people I know. Then it's off to Alec's for another crazy afternoon of packing and moving.
The packing and moving takes longer than expected, even with two of us working like crazy and not even stopping for lunch. I rush back to school for Boobsy's psych department graduation more than a half hour late. But I do get a picture of her in cap and gown before rushing off to the Women's and Gender Studies graduation at 4pm.
I watch Crystal, Bre and Jessie graduate. Stay an hour and run home to change and get ready for dinner with Boob's family. We have dinner at some Thai place at 6pm. By 7:30pm, I'm off to Erin's to wait for our ride to come take us to Crystal's Graduation party, a classy, expensive affair at the Secret House Vineyard out in Veneta. A half hour's drive away. She's chartered a taxi to chauffeur guests back and forth.
Crystal requested that I go 'butch'. So as a goodbye honor to my good friend, I do. Blue shirt and silver tie, complete with black jacket and pants. I surprise everyone. They all love my outfit because it's so out of character for me.
I also present Crystal with the graduation gift I custom made for her. A personalized calendar with photos of us and our friends. And if that's not good enough, the cover is the kicker. I got a poster of the L Word online, and spent five painful hours Photoshopping Crystal's face onto it in place of one of the other actresses. I also change "The L Word" to say "The CrystaL Show: Official 2005-2006 Calendar."
She loves it. She loves my outfit. She goes crazy hugging me. It's great.
The rest of the night is spent consuming copious amounts of wine and dancing with everyone on the dance floor. Brit's come back for the weekend to see people graduate. And we all mob her. The Band is reunited for more pictures. We drink wine. And dance.
I love every minute of it.
And thus, sophomore year has come to an end. This is the best year I've had ever. And I'm having a hard time saying goodbye to it, and to the people who made it what it was for me, because I don't see how next year could ever top this one.
But here's a big thank you to everyone who made an impact on my life this year. Whatever happens, they'll always be in my heart.
Goodbye, Good Luck, and I love you.
Comments:
Post a Comment