Sunday, June 19, 2005
Being a Junomore
Well Summer Term starts tomorrow. I consider myself a Junomore. Meaning I have enough credits to be considered a Junior, but I still feel as though I'm finishing out Sophomore year because Junior Year doesnt' officially begin till Fall.
So summer school. Here we go. Blegh. It's not gonna be fun for me. I'm taking some shitty classes that I'd honestly rather shoot myself than have to sit through. Here's the run down. Summer Term consists of 8 weeks. Some summer courses run the full eight weeks, while other are 4 weeks long and start either in Week 1 or Week 5.
J202: Info Hell-- This is the notorious Journalism School course designed to separate the pretenders from the true journalists. Basically by the end of the term, I have to turn in a 100-page written research project. I kid you not. It's horrible. It's also the reason I had to do summer school. Argh. Eight week course. Bitch.
EC201: Intro to MicroEconomics-- Everyone knows how I feel about Econ. Didn't I say this term was gonna be painful? The only redeeming factor is that this class only runs for the first four weeks... two hours a day, five days a week. Maybe I should just shoot myself right now.
HIST399: Fall of France-- This class is the only fun one out of the whole lot. It's about the Fall of France tothe Germans in 1945. And it's taught by Prof Dracobly. I would not deign to drag myself out of bed at 8am four days a week for anyone else. This class also runs for the first four weeks.
CRWR199: Science Fiction-- This is my one "fun" class this summer. It's a Creative Writing class that will focus on Science Fiction writing! How perfect is that for this sci-fi geek?!?! Whoop de whoop! This class runs the last four weeks of the Summer.
PEAS 368: Scuba Diving-- That's right folks! I get to take Scuba for credit and get certified at the same time. Amazing huh? Maybe this will make the summer worth it. First four weeks of the summer.
Oh god. My room is STILL in chaos. I REALLY need to clean and get to bed by midnight. Because I have class at 8am. And go non-stop till 1pm. Oh yeah. This is gonna be so much fun.
So summer school. Here we go. Blegh. It's not gonna be fun for me. I'm taking some shitty classes that I'd honestly rather shoot myself than have to sit through. Here's the run down. Summer Term consists of 8 weeks. Some summer courses run the full eight weeks, while other are 4 weeks long and start either in Week 1 or Week 5.
J202: Info Hell-- This is the notorious Journalism School course designed to separate the pretenders from the true journalists. Basically by the end of the term, I have to turn in a 100-page written research project. I kid you not. It's horrible. It's also the reason I had to do summer school. Argh. Eight week course. Bitch.
EC201: Intro to MicroEconomics-- Everyone knows how I feel about Econ. Didn't I say this term was gonna be painful? The only redeeming factor is that this class only runs for the first four weeks... two hours a day, five days a week. Maybe I should just shoot myself right now.
HIST399: Fall of France-- This class is the only fun one out of the whole lot. It's about the Fall of France tothe Germans in 1945. And it's taught by Prof Dracobly. I would not deign to drag myself out of bed at 8am four days a week for anyone else. This class also runs for the first four weeks.
CRWR199: Science Fiction-- This is my one "fun" class this summer. It's a Creative Writing class that will focus on Science Fiction writing! How perfect is that for this sci-fi geek?!?! Whoop de whoop! This class runs the last four weeks of the Summer.
PEAS 368: Scuba Diving-- That's right folks! I get to take Scuba for credit and get certified at the same time. Amazing huh? Maybe this will make the summer worth it. First four weeks of the summer.
Oh god. My room is STILL in chaos. I REALLY need to clean and get to bed by midnight. Because I have class at 8am. And go non-stop till 1pm. Oh yeah. This is gonna be so much fun.
Comments:
Post a Comment