<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 30, 2005

Sasquatch 

Spent the weekend at the Sasquatch Music Festival up in George, WA. We drove up on Friday afternoon, spent the evening at Kara's parents' place, and then were on the road by 5am Saturday morning.

We got to George at about 11am and set up camp at the campgrounds next to the amphitheater. Then we entered The Gorge. The Gorge itself was magnificent. Beautiful outdoor arena that consisted of terraced grass plateaus overlooking a stage in the bowl of the valley. It was awe-inspiringg.

But it was also fucking HOT. It was at least 100 degrees out. Which translates into 35 degrees celsius. In the searing sun. With little shade. All day. You see the people running the show are bastards. They had a no re-entry policy. Which meant that once we entered the arena, we were pretty much stuck there all day because they wouldn't let you come back in if you went out.

We didn't know this beforehand. And that's why we'd left all our food at the campsite, hoping to go back there to get dinner at about 6pm. hah. Fat chance. So basically we sat in the sun all day long. I must have used an entire tube of sunblock. And I still got a pretty dark tan.

And then because I have the appetite of a pregnant horse, I ended up splurging lots and lots of money on the food that they sold at jack-up prices. US$5 for a slurpie. US$7 for a tiny bowl of terriyaki chicken rice for dinner. Fucking rip off, it was!

The concert itself was decent. Kanye West was awesome. And Modest Mouse was pretty good. We also saw Wilco and the Pixies and some other random bands that I had never heard of.

See how it works is I'm not a huge music fan. One-band concerts are good fun. But a 12hour whole day concert in the searing heat is another thing altogether. Needless to say, this was a one-time experience. I'm glad I went. But you'd have to shoot me to get me to do it over again.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com