<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 16, 2005

People Get You Places 

So I got a pretty unexpected phone call today from Jenny. She called just to chat and see if I'd gotten back from my trip okay. And that's great. But at the same time its surprising because even though we hung out a little bit at the start of the year, ever since she started travelling with the A Team and I played with the B Team, she got in with them and we drifted apart.

That's why while I was on the phone with her I kept expecting her to can the small talk at some point to get down to whatever matter of business she'd called me to discuss. Nope. No business. Just a social call. So we chatted about baseball and the Dodgers for a bit because Jenny's a huge baseball fan.

It was actually really nice trying to be friends with Jenny again. I obviously liked her for some of her personality traits at some point, so I enjoyed rediscovering a taste of what I thought we'd had before.

Here's the catch though. I like to think she really did just call me to say hi. But there might be more to it. On Friday when I was on the phone with her (she'd call me to tell me something about lacrosse) I mentioned I'd be meeting Tommy LaSorda- baseball hall-of-famer. So she asked if I'd get her an autograph from him.

I did.

She never expected me to, but I did. And when I text messaged her that night to tell her, she was elated. So I guess that could be why she called. To try and be friendly again because she wants me to pass her that autograph.

Actually that's probably the reason. Still, I 'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt. And you know what? I don't really mind. If this autograph helps to breathe a little more life back into our friendship, then I'm okay with that. You make the best use you can of whatever resources you have. That's what life's all about.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com