Sunday, May 01, 2005
Narrow Escape
The lacrosse team had our end-of-season bash last night. Hannah hosted the party, and as usual Hannah's parties are awesome. Just like the last time, she turned her basement into a hopping dance club, and we were having a blast... until the cops came. Party poopers.
So I was downstairs in the basement with the rest of the girls when they shut off the music and one of Hannah's roommates came to tell us to be quiet because the cops had arrived and were at the front door. At first people hustled upstairs, hoping that they'd find some way out the back door.
But I stayed down in the basement with Sarah Lanti and Lauren Peters. Peters is 21, so she's legal anyway. But me and Lanti figured that if there were cops roaming around upstairs we'd we better off in the basement hoping they wouldn't come down here.
We sat there for a couple of minutes. Then someone in the basement found a door leading out of the house, so me and Lanti ran out that way and snuck through the nearby alley. As we ran off we saw flashlights being waved around behind us.
Close shave. After that we learnt from Katie that cops had entered the house, but that most of the people under 21 had escaped. And they hadn't written Hannah up. They'd let her off with a warning. So that was good news.
That was my Saturday night. Earlier, I spent my day helping Crystal move. That girl has the messiest house I've ever seen, and more shit stuffed into her house than I've ever seen in my life! To look at her, you'd never think her house would be in such disarray. Crystal herself is always perfectly coiffed and immaculately dressed.
Still, I guess like Alec put it, "She spends all her time on her appearance, so the house is left to go to shit." We didn't accomplish very much of the moving yesterday. I wonder how much they accomplished today... I would've helped. But I've been tied up with schoolwork all day.
So I was downstairs in the basement with the rest of the girls when they shut off the music and one of Hannah's roommates came to tell us to be quiet because the cops had arrived and were at the front door. At first people hustled upstairs, hoping that they'd find some way out the back door.
But I stayed down in the basement with Sarah Lanti and Lauren Peters. Peters is 21, so she's legal anyway. But me and Lanti figured that if there were cops roaming around upstairs we'd we better off in the basement hoping they wouldn't come down here.
We sat there for a couple of minutes. Then someone in the basement found a door leading out of the house, so me and Lanti ran out that way and snuck through the nearby alley. As we ran off we saw flashlights being waved around behind us.
Close shave. After that we learnt from Katie that cops had entered the house, but that most of the people under 21 had escaped. And they hadn't written Hannah up. They'd let her off with a warning. So that was good news.
That was my Saturday night. Earlier, I spent my day helping Crystal move. That girl has the messiest house I've ever seen, and more shit stuffed into her house than I've ever seen in my life! To look at her, you'd never think her house would be in such disarray. Crystal herself is always perfectly coiffed and immaculately dressed.
Still, I guess like Alec put it, "She spends all her time on her appearance, so the house is left to go to shit." We didn't accomplish very much of the moving yesterday. I wonder how much they accomplished today... I would've helped. But I've been tied up with schoolwork all day.
Comments:
Post a Comment