Sunday, May 08, 2005
Kid Party and Private Bar
Last night was pretty damn cool. It was Lola's 22nd birthday, and in rebellion of that fact, she decided that she wanted her party to have a Kid Theme.
So we kicked off the fun at the Southbank grass fields at 6pm. We spent almost two hours playing stupid kid games. Sack races, balancing an egg on a spoon, detective and killer, Red Rover. All the silly games we used to play as kids. It was pretty funny to see how different everything felt with the perspective of age.
At 8pm, we adjourned to Pearl Street Ice Cream and ordered The Zoo-- a mammoth 10-scoop ice-cream sundae. Then we took the party to The Lorax, a co-op where a couple of the girls live.
What followed that was a night of "Ten Fingers" and ridiculous drunken games. We had two buckets of margaritas and cheap tequila going too.
Basically, I was pretty buzzed by midnight. And that's when my friend Cleo dragged me off to her friend Carl's private bar with her. Carl's Bar is in his house. He built himself a bar counter, equipped the bar with every kind of alcohol you can imagine, bought some glasses and a neon light that spelt "CARL'S" and proceeded to open shop. Each drink is $1, regardless of what you order.
I had a Singapore Sling. Didn't enjoy it that much probably because I was less than halfway through it when I began to get that warning sensation in that back of my throat that screams "Take it easy or I swear you're gonna be puking within the hour."
I took it easy. Kept to that one drink all night long and didn't throw up. Awesome. Cleo did a little better than me, putting away about three more drinks and still looking completely sober.
We hung out with the 'regular' Carl's crowd, then took off for home by 2am. Fun night out eh? Had a splitting alcohol-induced headache by the time I passed out in my own bed. It's been a long time since I last had that much to drink.
So we kicked off the fun at the Southbank grass fields at 6pm. We spent almost two hours playing stupid kid games. Sack races, balancing an egg on a spoon, detective and killer, Red Rover. All the silly games we used to play as kids. It was pretty funny to see how different everything felt with the perspective of age.
At 8pm, we adjourned to Pearl Street Ice Cream and ordered The Zoo-- a mammoth 10-scoop ice-cream sundae. Then we took the party to The Lorax, a co-op where a couple of the girls live.
What followed that was a night of "Ten Fingers" and ridiculous drunken games. We had two buckets of margaritas and cheap tequila going too.
Basically, I was pretty buzzed by midnight. And that's when my friend Cleo dragged me off to her friend Carl's private bar with her. Carl's Bar is in his house. He built himself a bar counter, equipped the bar with every kind of alcohol you can imagine, bought some glasses and a neon light that spelt "CARL'S" and proceeded to open shop. Each drink is $1, regardless of what you order.
I had a Singapore Sling. Didn't enjoy it that much probably because I was less than halfway through it when I began to get that warning sensation in that back of my throat that screams "Take it easy or I swear you're gonna be puking within the hour."
I took it easy. Kept to that one drink all night long and didn't throw up. Awesome. Cleo did a little better than me, putting away about three more drinks and still looking completely sober.
We hung out with the 'regular' Carl's crowd, then took off for home by 2am. Fun night out eh? Had a splitting alcohol-induced headache by the time I passed out in my own bed. It's been a long time since I last had that much to drink.
Comments:
Post a Comment