Friday, May 06, 2005
Fruit of My Labor
Well I got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Apparently, I have been selected as the reciepient of the Office of International Programs' International Student Campus Leadership and Involvement Award!
The letter says that they are "pleased to recognize my significant contributions to promoting international understanding on our campus and in our community." I honestly don't know how much I've actually done towards that, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with The Powers That Be right?
I was nominated by two people! My boss at the Women's Center Erin O'Brien, and Lori Brown, her second in command. Neat huh?
So there's supposed to be this whole ceremony during which they'll present the award to me, and an Awards luncheon as well. However those are both taking place next week. And since I'll be in LA next week, there's no way I'm gonna be able to attend. Too bad.
The letter says that they are "pleased to recognize my significant contributions to promoting international understanding on our campus and in our community." I honestly don't know how much I've actually done towards that, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with The Powers That Be right?
I was nominated by two people! My boss at the Women's Center Erin O'Brien, and Lori Brown, her second in command. Neat huh?
So there's supposed to be this whole ceremony during which they'll present the award to me, and an Awards luncheon as well. However those are both taking place next week. And since I'll be in LA next week, there's no way I'm gonna be able to attend. Too bad.
Comments:
Post a Comment