Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Falling off the To-Do List
Heh. So today didn't start so well. I stayed up till 6am this morning madly trying to finish the history research paper that was due this morning. Or so I thought.
Anyway, I get to bed at 6:30am hoping to wake up in time for my 8:30am class. As you can imagine, that didn't happen. I wake up at 11:30, and rush to History. Only to realize that Dr. Reis emailed everyone last night and extended the deadline for the paper till Thursday.
Great. Joke's on me. If I'd procrastinated for another 15 minutes last night and checked my email, I wouldn't have made myself stay up till 6 in the fuckin' morning right?
But well, what can you do. From that point, the day just gets better and better. I meet Lanti for lunch and we sit in the sun. Its actually sunny and warm today. Amazing. Fantabulous.
Then I go to work at the Emerald, and while talking to Clayton, I realize that the editors fucked up and assigned me an assignment that they already gave someone else. So suddenly, the huge sports roundup of the year that I would've had to write by Friday just drops off my schedule like magic. And I feel as it someone's taken a forklift-sized weight off my shoulders.
Wow.
After that I go to a meeting with some people from the International Programs Office who want me to tell them about the customs in Singapore, because they're scheduled to make a trip there next month. Then I turn into Sporty Spice for my gig with Crystal and the Gang. And that actually goes pretty well.
So with a pop, slip and crackle, the worst of my week is over. Incredible. I'm almost home free.
Anyway, I get to bed at 6:30am hoping to wake up in time for my 8:30am class. As you can imagine, that didn't happen. I wake up at 11:30, and rush to History. Only to realize that Dr. Reis emailed everyone last night and extended the deadline for the paper till Thursday.
Great. Joke's on me. If I'd procrastinated for another 15 minutes last night and checked my email, I wouldn't have made myself stay up till 6 in the fuckin' morning right?
But well, what can you do. From that point, the day just gets better and better. I meet Lanti for lunch and we sit in the sun. Its actually sunny and warm today. Amazing. Fantabulous.
Then I go to work at the Emerald, and while talking to Clayton, I realize that the editors fucked up and assigned me an assignment that they already gave someone else. So suddenly, the huge sports roundup of the year that I would've had to write by Friday just drops off my schedule like magic. And I feel as it someone's taken a forklift-sized weight off my shoulders.
Wow.
After that I go to a meeting with some people from the International Programs Office who want me to tell them about the customs in Singapore, because they're scheduled to make a trip there next month. Then I turn into Sporty Spice for my gig with Crystal and the Gang. And that actually goes pretty well.
So with a pop, slip and crackle, the worst of my week is over. Incredible. I'm almost home free.
Comments:
Post a Comment