<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Dodgers, Dumb Horses and Dumb Blunders 

Last night was sweetass! We went to a Dodgers game: the first pro baseball game I've ever been to LIVE. It was fucking awesome. The only thing that sucked was that we got cheated by some scalpers who were selling tickets outside the stadium because the game was sold out.

They offered us tickets for $30, saying that they were in the pavillion. My friend Kevin bargained them down to $15... and a good thing he did too because in the end our seats weren't in the middle pavillion section. They were box seats way the fuck up towards the top of the stadium.

Still, it was fun, and even though the Dodgers aren't my favorite team (and they ended up losing) it was definitely an experience to remember. Especially because Clarence met us at the game. Ye-ah. I have a crush. Definitely.

We spent most of yesterday at Hollywood Park watching stupid horses race each other. I've said this once, and will keep saying it: Horseracing is NOT a sport. It's GAMBLING. So I shouldn't be made to write about it as if it were a sport dammit. I swear that 600 word article they made us write yesterday was the hardest thing I've ever had to compose in my life. I've written GEOLOGY papers with less pain!

But still, overall I had an awesome time in LA. The Times really did everything they could to make this a dream weekend for us. And I met some really cool people. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to get to know them better.

Anyway, I just got back to Eugene after taking the 6:45am flight out of LAX. Goddamn early morning flights. Sarah Lanti came to pick me up.. at 10am on a Sunday morning. Phenomenally selfless sacrifice. No one wakes up that early on Sundays. *applause*.

But yes, while we were in the car, she happen to mention that she'd googled her own name for fun and my blog had popped up. For a second, I didn't get it, because I'd always thought that my blog wasn't listed in any damn search engine, and so there was no way it could pop up as a search result.

Then I put two and two together. Duh. If I write and happen to use people's full names, when they google themselves, this page is gonna come up! And that's bad. Because I've always maintained this site as a regional thing. Meaning people on one continent are talked about for the education of people on another. I'm just glad Sarah's the one who discovered this instead of a few of the other crackpots whom I get mad at on a regular basis. That could complicate my life!

So from now on, we go with INITIALS. Not full names. Bad idea Stef. Stupid blunder.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com