<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005

All About Diversity 

We had a new addition to our group today. Clarence Smith. From Hawaii Pacific University. His flight was initially overbooked, and that's why he ended up missing the first day of the course.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this because it's pretty out of character for me, but wow— the more I talked to him today, the more I began to think that this black boy was very very attractive.

He's sociable, easy to talk to, well dressed and has a great sense of humor. It helps that he likes sports and that he's easy to flirt with too. At any rate, we kinda hung around each other all day and by the end of the evening when we were hanging out in his room (he has the only other single room), I found myself wondering what it'd be like to kiss him.

Yup. I'm a make out whore. Can't deny it. But this time, I practiced self-restraint and didn't move to do anything.

Today was in general less of a whomph than yesterday. We spent half the day at the goddamn horse racetrack listening to a bunch of jockeys talk about something I have no interest in whatever. Oh and at the banquet tonight, I was the most well-dressed girl.

The other girls were really casual. It's amazing how much of a lack of competition girls who want to be sports journalists pose to me. This bunch of girls in particular really aren't all that slick. So basically, I was hot stuff. Hell yeah. But they're nice people, and I like being around laid back girls who don't think make-up and clothes are the be-all and end-all of life. So yeah, it all works out.

We got back to the hotel at about 10:30. Clarence asked me to stop by his room. So I went back to my room I took a shower and then hung out with him till now 12:30 when I came back here to go to bed.

Tomorrow we head back to the track. I'll be covering a race in a subject I know nothing about. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com