Sunday, April 10, 2005
Wild Bellingham Weekend
This weekend turned out pretty amusing. We drove up to Bellingham on Friday. And after spending eight hours on the road, finally got to our hotel. The Days Inn. This was the sketchiest, grossest motel I've ever had the displeasure of staying in.
Because we had 18 girls, but only three rooms, we had to fit 6 girls to a room, even though each room only had two queen sized beds. I was in Lauren Kondak's room when they were shoving both beds together to make one massive bed so that they could accomodate people.
Lauren was pushing from one end, me and Sarah from the other. Then all of the suddenly, Lauren starts freaking out, "Ewwww! Ewww!!! Stop! Don't move the bed!" She's pointing to something on the floor right under the bed. Everyone in the room gathers around her. And in an instant, you have a cacophony of screaming females.
Hidden in a corner under the bed, not three inches from Lauren's foot, was a used condom. I kid you not!
We obviously complained. And got another room.
Then on Saturday morning, the toilet in my room clogged. Annoyed, we reported that to the manager before heading out to play our games. When we got back, I forgot that the toilet might not have been fixed yet. I went in, peed and flushed.
Flushing brought about a flood. Everything in the damn toilet gushed out onto the bathroom floor and wouldn't stop. We had a crisis on our hands.
I ran down to get the manager. When I got back, the sight that awaited my eyes was hilarious. Girls were standing outside our room in all manner of undress-- sports bras, towels, the works-- laughing. I stepped inside. The bathroom was flooded. Jenna and Lauren Peters stood perched precariously on the edge of the bathtub, bailing water out of the flooding bathroom with the plastic trashcan and dumping it into the bathtub in vain.
It was literally like trying to fill a bucket with a thimble. Hilarious. Eventually the hotel shut off the water, and we got moved to a new room.
And I played the best game of my life this weekend. Because Lauren Peters got hurt in the second game, I ended up starting the last two games since I'm her backup at D Wing. We played Lewis & Clark college this morning, and I was on FIRE. I could do nothing wrong, was all over the ball, and playing some great defense. I even scored two goals! My first two this season!
So I had a pretty good weekend in general. The team won all three of our tournament games by a landslide. We lost our fourth friendly match to Seattle Womens 11-6, but put up a good fight anyway. Now I'm dead tired and need to get to bed. Good night.
Because we had 18 girls, but only three rooms, we had to fit 6 girls to a room, even though each room only had two queen sized beds. I was in Lauren Kondak's room when they were shoving both beds together to make one massive bed so that they could accomodate people.
Lauren was pushing from one end, me and Sarah from the other. Then all of the suddenly, Lauren starts freaking out, "Ewwww! Ewww!!! Stop! Don't move the bed!" She's pointing to something on the floor right under the bed. Everyone in the room gathers around her. And in an instant, you have a cacophony of screaming females.
Hidden in a corner under the bed, not three inches from Lauren's foot, was a used condom. I kid you not!
We obviously complained. And got another room.
Then on Saturday morning, the toilet in my room clogged. Annoyed, we reported that to the manager before heading out to play our games. When we got back, I forgot that the toilet might not have been fixed yet. I went in, peed and flushed.
Flushing brought about a flood. Everything in the damn toilet gushed out onto the bathroom floor and wouldn't stop. We had a crisis on our hands.
I ran down to get the manager. When I got back, the sight that awaited my eyes was hilarious. Girls were standing outside our room in all manner of undress-- sports bras, towels, the works-- laughing. I stepped inside. The bathroom was flooded. Jenna and Lauren Peters stood perched precariously on the edge of the bathtub, bailing water out of the flooding bathroom with the plastic trashcan and dumping it into the bathtub in vain.
It was literally like trying to fill a bucket with a thimble. Hilarious. Eventually the hotel shut off the water, and we got moved to a new room.
And I played the best game of my life this weekend. Because Lauren Peters got hurt in the second game, I ended up starting the last two games since I'm her backup at D Wing. We played Lewis & Clark college this morning, and I was on FIRE. I could do nothing wrong, was all over the ball, and playing some great defense. I even scored two goals! My first two this season!
So I had a pretty good weekend in general. The team won all three of our tournament games by a landslide. We lost our fourth friendly match to Seattle Womens 11-6, but put up a good fight anyway. Now I'm dead tired and need to get to bed. Good night.
Comments:
Post a Comment