<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 22, 2005

Rappelling 

I went rappelling at 8:30am this morning with the Military Science department at Lowell Dam. Basically you put on a harness, hook yourself onto a rope and go walking off a vertical wall backwards.

It was so much fun! I ended up doing it three times! Once off the lower two-story high wall, and twice off the four story high one. I got such a kick out of it.

The most thrilling part is standing at the top of the ledge, and just letting yourself fall back into the harness so that the only thing that's supporting you is the rope. Then I was taught to gradually feed the rope out for myself.

And later on, they taught me how to go fast by kicking off the wall and free falling for a few meters before stopping and walking down again. I loved every bit of it!

Right now I have a couple of press releases to write. Was supposed to have done all that last night, but I went out with Caleb instead. And we were otherwise occupied with other activities.

Haha.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com