<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Our Home 'Tourney' 

We played our only home tournament this season. If you can even call it that. See, we were supposed to play two other teams. Portland, and Central Washington. But late last night, CWU pulled out because they didn't have enough players. Which is dumb bullshit, but what can you do right?

Anyway, Portland came late this morning. And for about a half hour, we sat there wondering if they were even gonna show. We ended up playing them twice. Won 10-8, and 7-4. hah.

I was super aggressive today for some reason. Got called a bunch of times for dangerous checking. And once, some girl got in the way of my shot as I was shooting towards goal. The ref called ME for dangerous rappelling. Like what the fuck? She got in my way. And its not like I actually ended up hitting her!

In fact, I got hit. Was standing in front of goal when my opponent decided to shoot anyway. I raised my stick to block the shot. Her stick caught me flat on the back of my right hand-- which is now bruised and swollen. Thanks a lot biatch.

But still, I had a lot of fun. And I had some awesome fans. Rachel, Nikki, Reese and Dan came to watch my first game. And they brought this really cool sign that said "Go Stef!" Since Nikki's an art major, you can be sure that anything she makes is gonna look awesome. Stacy, Jessie and Laura from work also stopped by for the first game. And for the second, I got an audience of Julia, Kara, Erin, and eventually Crystal and Angela.

Crystal and Angela actually got to the field just as the game was ending. They run on Crystal-Savings-Time, which generally runs an hour behind everyone else. Hence their fashionably late appearance at 2pm instead of 1pm like I'd told them.

Anyway, going to a drag show tonight, and to a party afterwards!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com