Monday, April 18, 2005
No Lacrosse
Practice was cancelled today. Mostly because the 'A' Team lost to UW in the Northwest Conference championship match on Sunday, and are currently too depressed about that to practice. Basically that means that we won't make it to Nationals this year.
I know it sounds mean, but I'm not exactly upset about that. Sure I'm disappointed that we're not going to Nationals in Minnesota, because there was a good chance that I would have gotten to go. But somehow I feel like the 'A' Team almost deserved to lose. They were getting too cocky and full of themselves. They kind of needed this to just put them back in their places.
Truth be told, we're at that point in the season when everyone once again just needs a break from each other.
Which brings me back to this little idea I'm playing with: To go to Portland for lacrosse this weekend, or not?
Dunno.
Still, it was nice having a day off from practice. I wandered around for a little bit. And somehow ended up making a trip to Sweet Life with Crystal. We had cake, and hung out for a while. It was nice to be able to just spend some time with Crystal one-on-one because she's one of those people who's so busy and social that she's always surrounded by a million other people.
So we just kicked it, chatted it up and talked about Caleb. She also ordered Angela a massive $70 birthday cake, and we brainstormed ideas for the party.
Then I came home with every intention of spending my time off practice on the homework that I've been needing to do for a while now. Nope. Didn't happen. Instead, I ended up just chilling on the couch with Sarah talking shit for a good two hours. I had a good time, but was totally unproductive.
Boo.
I know it sounds mean, but I'm not exactly upset about that. Sure I'm disappointed that we're not going to Nationals in Minnesota, because there was a good chance that I would have gotten to go. But somehow I feel like the 'A' Team almost deserved to lose. They were getting too cocky and full of themselves. They kind of needed this to just put them back in their places.
Truth be told, we're at that point in the season when everyone once again just needs a break from each other.
Which brings me back to this little idea I'm playing with: To go to Portland for lacrosse this weekend, or not?
Dunno.
Still, it was nice having a day off from practice. I wandered around for a little bit. And somehow ended up making a trip to Sweet Life with Crystal. We had cake, and hung out for a while. It was nice to be able to just spend some time with Crystal one-on-one because she's one of those people who's so busy and social that she's always surrounded by a million other people.
So we just kicked it, chatted it up and talked about Caleb. She also ordered Angela a massive $70 birthday cake, and we brainstormed ideas for the party.
Then I came home with every intention of spending my time off practice on the homework that I've been needing to do for a while now. Nope. Didn't happen. Instead, I ended up just chilling on the couch with Sarah talking shit for a good two hours. I had a good time, but was totally unproductive.
Boo.
Comments:
Post a Comment