Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Free NBA Tix
Hah. Guess what. I was sitting in my military science class today when Captain Miller took this stack of tickets out of his briefcase and was like "Who wants free Blazers (The Portland Trailblazers) tickets?"
At first no one believed him. But then he came over to where me and Chelsea were sitting and showed us the tickets. They were legit!!! Real NBA tickets for the Blazers vs. the Jazz this Sunday!!! "How many do you want?" he waved them in my face.
I asked for two, and got them. Later on I asked him how he'd gotten hold of so many free tickets. Apparently the Army National Guard gets them direct from the Blazers, and they give them out randomly!
Later that afternoon, I called to ask if he had any more. He said he would have more tickets coming in tomorrow. So I'm gonna drop by the Mil Sci building tomorrow and get two more tickets. Then me, Char, Britt and Alicia are gonna go watch the game in Portland this Sunday. Well that's the plan anyway. Britt and Alicia are in, but Char hasn't called me back yet. Blah.
Oh and apparently the LA Times sent my journalism Prof. Kathy Campbell notification of my acceptance into the Sports Jour Workshop, because she was the one who'd nominated me for the program.
When I dropped by her office to say thank you today, she was almost as excited as I was! She ran up to me and hugged me! And this is a lady in her late fifties maybe! Then she started telling me how she'd told EVERYONE in the journalism department about me, and also said that the department's newsletter wants an interview with me. Can you believe that? I was like wow. This lady is gonna do great things for my career.
At first no one believed him. But then he came over to where me and Chelsea were sitting and showed us the tickets. They were legit!!! Real NBA tickets for the Blazers vs. the Jazz this Sunday!!! "How many do you want?" he waved them in my face.
I asked for two, and got them. Later on I asked him how he'd gotten hold of so many free tickets. Apparently the Army National Guard gets them direct from the Blazers, and they give them out randomly!
Later that afternoon, I called to ask if he had any more. He said he would have more tickets coming in tomorrow. So I'm gonna drop by the Mil Sci building tomorrow and get two more tickets. Then me, Char, Britt and Alicia are gonna go watch the game in Portland this Sunday. Well that's the plan anyway. Britt and Alicia are in, but Char hasn't called me back yet. Blah.
Oh and apparently the LA Times sent my journalism Prof. Kathy Campbell notification of my acceptance into the Sports Jour Workshop, because she was the one who'd nominated me for the program.
When I dropped by her office to say thank you today, she was almost as excited as I was! She ran up to me and hugged me! And this is a lady in her late fifties maybe! Then she started telling me how she'd told EVERYONE in the journalism department about me, and also said that the department's newsletter wants an interview with me. Can you believe that? I was like wow. This lady is gonna do great things for my career.
Comments:
Post a Comment