<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Fading to Black 

This is the last time I over-exert myself without stuffing my face first.

I woke up at 11:45 today and took it into my head that I wanted to go for a swim. So I looked up pool operation hours on the school's website. 11am-1pm. Time to get my act together and book it over there if I want to actually do some swimming.

So I just pack my stuff and go. The thought of chowing down on food first did vaguely cross my mind, but I decided that
a) You're not supposed to eat before exercise
b) I had no time to eat. If I stopped to get food, the pool would be closed before I could eat, digest and get there.

I was at the pool by 12:15. Jumped in. Swam maybe 35 laps at about 75% intensity. I felt totally fine.

Then I got up and went to the women's locker room to shower. Suddenly, as I was standing in the shower, my knees felt like they were gonna buckle, and I got kinda lightheaded. What the fuck is happening here? I shut off the water and sat down on a bench nearby, head between my knees.

I sat there buck naked for a good ten minutes feeling as if I was either gonna pass out or throw up. I figured I was feeling weak because I hadn't had anything to eat. So I somehow got a towel around myself and stumbled over to my locker.

A couple of women eyed me worriedly and told me I looked pale. One even asked if I wanted her to get me some food from the vending machines outside. I communicated no, and motioned that I had food in my locker.

Pulling clothes on and not falling over took a superhuman effort. Finally, clothed in underwear and a shirt, I sat down, tore open a Cliff energy bar and gradually consumed it. My strength slowly came back, and the need to puke passed.

Okay, so no more superhuman antics from now on. In future input comes before output. Eat, then work out.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com