Friday, March 11, 2005
Drag Show Rehearsal
Late post tonight because I was at the Drag Show Rehearsal from 8pm-midnight. For those who don't know, a Drag Show is a performance where people dress as people of the opposite gender.
Anyway, I've been doing Crystal a favor and helping with the PR for the LGBTQA's Drag Show. At the last minute, Crystal suggested that I join the cast for the last act. So I agreed, hence the rehearsals tonight.
Basically I've got a tiny role. More a cameo than anything else. Basically I'm one of a ton of people on stage because it's the group finale and all cast members are involved in this act. We're dancing to Lady Marmalade. All I do is lie on stage with Alec's head between my legs as she pretends to uh hump me.... It sounds a lot more gross and provocative than it really is. Believe me.
So anyway, the rehearsal went well, I didn't make a fool of myself. And now I have to decide what I'm gonna wear onstage on Saturday. Should I be a boy or a girl? :p I'm leaning towards 'boy' because me being a skanky girl wouldn't really be 'drag' since I always dress like a normal girl anyway.
So we'll see how it goes. Oh yeah, I also found out today that Erin, my boss at work, nominated me for a University Award... something about all-around excellence in academics, extracurriculars and committment to a good cause.
Isn't that awesome? Another niggly little tidbit with which to beef up the resume! Whoop whoop!
Anyway, I've been doing Crystal a favor and helping with the PR for the LGBTQA's Drag Show. At the last minute, Crystal suggested that I join the cast for the last act. So I agreed, hence the rehearsals tonight.
Basically I've got a tiny role. More a cameo than anything else. Basically I'm one of a ton of people on stage because it's the group finale and all cast members are involved in this act. We're dancing to Lady Marmalade. All I do is lie on stage with Alec's head between my legs as she pretends to uh hump me.... It sounds a lot more gross and provocative than it really is. Believe me.
So anyway, the rehearsal went well, I didn't make a fool of myself. And now I have to decide what I'm gonna wear onstage on Saturday. Should I be a boy or a girl? :p I'm leaning towards 'boy' because me being a skanky girl wouldn't really be 'drag' since I always dress like a normal girl anyway.
So we'll see how it goes. Oh yeah, I also found out today that Erin, my boss at work, nominated me for a University Award... something about all-around excellence in academics, extracurriculars and committment to a good cause.
Isn't that awesome? Another niggly little tidbit with which to beef up the resume! Whoop whoop!
Comments:
Post a Comment