<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 25, 2005

Dinner at Julia's 

Had a pretty low-key day once again. Went to work from 2pm-6pm, and still have yet to finish everything that I really need to do. I'm beginning to realize that juggling all my various activites next term will require a mammoth effort in time management and organization.

Jules called and invited me over to dinner, because she'd just moved into her new place with her boyfriend and was having some friends over from home.

So I came home, got Mia and we went over to Julia's. She fed us caesar salad, manicotti, and some really good red wine. Then we just talked and hung out for the rest of the night. Nothing strenuous.

It's Thursday night now. Three days of Spring Break left. Frankly, I'm pretty much done with having Mia live here. I like her a lot. And I love hanging out with her. But the girl is a little too boisterous and intense for a week-long 24/7 arrangement. I can take two-day doses of her at a time.

In fact, living with Mia this week has actually taught me something about myself and what I like as far as roommates are concerned. I'm a pretty social person. But when I'm feeling social, I go out and do stuff. That means that when I come home, all I want to do is shut myself in my room and have some alone time. Not hang out with an ever-present roommate.

That's the only reason I'm getting a little fed up with having Mia living on my couch. I feel bad when I leave her to hang out in the living room on her own at night. But on the other hand, to preserve my sanity as well as our relationship, I need the time to myself in my room to do my own stuff.

So that's that. We're almost at the end anyway, I can hold out for a couple more days.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com