Tuesday, February 01, 2005
The WC's Budget Hearing
Today was the Women's Center's annual budget hearing. What that basically means is that we all sit there and try to justify our budget to the Student Senate, who will then decide whether or not they wanna give us money for next year.
To cut a long story short, it didn't go that well. And Erin (my boss) came out mighty pissed. It also sucked a lengthy hour-and-a-half from my life. An hour and a half during which I was bored out of my bloody mind and sat there making faces at Jules while twiddling my thumbs. Blegh.
But after the hearing me and Julia got sushi together, and had a nice time chatting it up. I have to say she's one of the few journalism students that I genuinely like. Most J-school students are an over-competitive, haughty bunch. Jules isn't like that. She's cool in my book.
Lacrosse also went well today. I think I might finally be learning the intricacies of offensive play. Because even though I squandered several chances at goals today, the fact remains that I was actually in a position to take those chances.
And that's something that actually seldom happens, since I'm normally next to useless on the offensive side of the field. So I suppose its a marked improvement.
The only bummer was that after practice today I was looking at the 'A' team's schedule, and realized several things that do nothing but rub salt in my still healing wounds.
1. They'll be off to places like Idaho and San Fran. While I'll be stuck playing lower grade tourney's in Oregon. Bull. Shit.
2. My new found friends Jenny, Mia, Steph and Nikki are all on the bloody 'A' team. So I'll be travelling without them. Makes me sad to think about it.
Oh well. Whatever.
To cut a long story short, it didn't go that well. And Erin (my boss) came out mighty pissed. It also sucked a lengthy hour-and-a-half from my life. An hour and a half during which I was bored out of my bloody mind and sat there making faces at Jules while twiddling my thumbs. Blegh.
But after the hearing me and Julia got sushi together, and had a nice time chatting it up. I have to say she's one of the few journalism students that I genuinely like. Most J-school students are an over-competitive, haughty bunch. Jules isn't like that. She's cool in my book.
Lacrosse also went well today. I think I might finally be learning the intricacies of offensive play. Because even though I squandered several chances at goals today, the fact remains that I was actually in a position to take those chances.
And that's something that actually seldom happens, since I'm normally next to useless on the offensive side of the field. So I suppose its a marked improvement.
The only bummer was that after practice today I was looking at the 'A' team's schedule, and realized several things that do nothing but rub salt in my still healing wounds.
1. They'll be off to places like Idaho and San Fran. While I'll be stuck playing lower grade tourney's in Oregon. Bull. Shit.
2. My new found friends Jenny, Mia, Steph and Nikki are all on the bloody 'A' team. So I'll be travelling without them. Makes me sad to think about it.
Oh well. Whatever.
Comments:
Post a Comment