Sunday, February 27, 2005
Reconnecting
This has been a pretty good weekend so far. I hermitized myself over the last couple of days and spent more time in my room than I ever thought possible. I guess it was just nice to have some free time to kinda chill and re-center myself after the last few weeks of rapid-fire action.
Spent yesterday morning at the Women's Center Staff Retreat. Which is basically a bunch of 15 women playing silly team bonding games for like 4 hours. It wasn't bad, and was actually kinda fun to kick it with some people from the office. Especially because I actually know and like some of these girls now, compared to the last retreat we had when I was newly hired and didn't know shit.
Anyway, I sat in the sun with Reese, gossiped and did homework for the rest of the afternoon. Then she dragged me to this folksy little clothing store with her, and we bought skirts.
The Hot Springs ended up not happening, but I went to Sweet Life for desert with Al and the gang at about 10pm. That's the best desert place in Eugene, and they have the best chocolate cake this side of the equator-- the Boo Boo Cake at NYDC being the best chocolate cake on the other side.
Then Emily and Joey dragged me to see a movie with them that was showing at the Queer Film Fest-- Annie Sprinkle's Wonderful World of Orgasms. A WEIRD, trippy pseudo-documentary film that was relatively disturbing. I do NOT wanna see that ever again.
Today's been laundry and homework day. Had lunch with Reese and Dan. Having dinner with Crystal. Then it's more homework. Blegh.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aimz.. and Gd Luck with the O'Level Results Kell!!!! Muaks.
Spent yesterday morning at the Women's Center Staff Retreat. Which is basically a bunch of 15 women playing silly team bonding games for like 4 hours. It wasn't bad, and was actually kinda fun to kick it with some people from the office. Especially because I actually know and like some of these girls now, compared to the last retreat we had when I was newly hired and didn't know shit.
Anyway, I sat in the sun with Reese, gossiped and did homework for the rest of the afternoon. Then she dragged me to this folksy little clothing store with her, and we bought skirts.
The Hot Springs ended up not happening, but I went to Sweet Life for desert with Al and the gang at about 10pm. That's the best desert place in Eugene, and they have the best chocolate cake this side of the equator-- the Boo Boo Cake at NYDC being the best chocolate cake on the other side.
Then Emily and Joey dragged me to see a movie with them that was showing at the Queer Film Fest-- Annie Sprinkle's Wonderful World of Orgasms. A WEIRD, trippy pseudo-documentary film that was relatively disturbing. I do NOT wanna see that ever again.
Today's been laundry and homework day. Had lunch with Reese and Dan. Having dinner with Crystal. Then it's more homework. Blegh.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aimz.. and Gd Luck with the O'Level Results Kell!!!! Muaks.
Comments:
Post a Comment