<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 13, 2005

My Big Break 

Today was our very first game of the season. A scrimmage against Linfield College in McMinnville, which is about two hours away. I rode up with Jenny, her boyfriend Peter and Katie at 7am in the fucking morning.

But it was all absolutely worth it. When the coordinators read out the starting lineup, no one was more surprised than I was to be in it. I never in my wildest fucking dreams thought I would get the starting nod today. But I did. At 3rd Man, which is more purely defensive than my normal defensive midfield position at D wing.

It didn't matter. I'd finally gotten the start I'd wanted for so long. I was determined to make them sit up and take notice. And I did. I played a great game, making a couple of very visible interceptions and causing some turnovers.

Maybe this will help bump me into the A' Team sometime this season. That's what I'm hoping. At any rate, we won today's game. A 15-6 massacre in our favor.

After the game, Jenny's mom bought us lunch, and we drove back home.

Weekend Round Up
Friday
I saw the Vagina Monologues for the first time, and that was pretty damn good. Then later, I went to Neighbors with Alec and a whole bunch of people. This time I took a couple of my straight friends along-- Kate and Charlotte.

We decided to walk to the bar from like twenty blocks out, and soon it became somewhat of a Pied Piper procession, as more and more of Alec's friends joined our little group on the way there. By the time we got to the bar, there were at least 15 of us.

I had a rockin' fun night. Started out by doing body shots of Tequila with Crystal and Emily. Then we just got crazy with the dancing. Even my boss from the Women's Center, Erin, was there!

Saturday
Woke up really late, so I missed the D-1 lacrosse game. Which didn't matter anyway because they got fucking slaughtered by Stanford: 6-19. Ouch. Rachel really pissed me off on Saturday. I was trying to get the wireless router hooked up to the Internet and she was being an uncooperative bitch.

Finally she admitted that she'd thrown out the router's powercord by mistake at the start of last term. FUCK. Now we have to pay a hundred bucks for the internet company to come and create a wireless network for us. That bitch. I am so sick of her. There is no way in HELL I'm going to live with her next year!

Aside from Rachel being a bitch, I had a really good weekend. This week, we head to CALIFORNIA on Thursday! Whoop Whoop!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com