Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Meeting with Miriam
So today I had coffee with my Writing 121 professor from last year. Miriam's a good sort, great fun to talk to. When I first sat down she looked super-excited. Then she told me that she had gotten engaged this weekend! Cool huh?
Anyway, we just spent a nice hour catching up on stuff. She's one of those people who get all animated and interested when they talk. Plus she's the closest thing I ever had to a real mentor of any sort. Because she's a writer, she encourages my writing, and I totally respect what she does and the way she does it.
Aside from that, I flirted with a couple of people today. And cute boy in German Class finally has a name: David! We were both bored in class today and he started asking me about lacrosse. So we got talking and I have his Instant Messenger name. Yeah! Score one for me!
After class, Reese, Aki and I finally did our little reunion-dinner thing at Ocean Sky, a pretty good Chinese restaurant on 18th and Chambers. The funny thing was that it was almost an anniversary for us three because we'd done the exact same thing exactly a year ago!
Tonight might be the last update from me for a while. Because tomorrow afternoon, I leave for California with the team! Four great days of fun in the sun! I can't wait!
Anyway, we just spent a nice hour catching up on stuff. She's one of those people who get all animated and interested when they talk. Plus she's the closest thing I ever had to a real mentor of any sort. Because she's a writer, she encourages my writing, and I totally respect what she does and the way she does it.
Aside from that, I flirted with a couple of people today. And cute boy in German Class finally has a name: David! We were both bored in class today and he started asking me about lacrosse. So we got talking and I have his Instant Messenger name. Yeah! Score one for me!
After class, Reese, Aki and I finally did our little reunion-dinner thing at Ocean Sky, a pretty good Chinese restaurant on 18th and Chambers. The funny thing was that it was almost an anniversary for us three because we'd done the exact same thing exactly a year ago!
Tonight might be the last update from me for a while. Because tomorrow afternoon, I leave for California with the team! Four great days of fun in the sun! I can't wait!
Comments:
Post a Comment