<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Librarians are Awesome 

Everyone pokes fun at librarians. They're the archtypical nerds, middle aged ladies with coke-bottle glasses who sit at library desks just waiting to shush you.

Well all I have to say is that until today, I greatly underestimated their value. These ladies are gods in their own right. They know more about fact finding than anyone ever gives them credit for, and are an absolutely invaluable resource.

Tonight I was in the library tearing my hair out of my head while trying to find information on the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. That's the league that the movie A League of Their Own was based on.

Anyway, because it's an obscure league from the midwest, I wasn't having much luck getting any information at at all. Out of desperation, I went over the the Reference desk to consult the librarian.

Oh. My. God. It was one of those 'why-didn't-I-do-this-sooner' moves. Barbara the librarian was so mind bogglingly helpful that I would readily have gone down on my knees to thank her by the end of our little chat.

She hooked me up with all sorts of useful info, then went out of her way to find out some more information about the league for me, and printed some articles off the librarian's database.

What would we do without the oft-mocked librarians? It's such a noble profession!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com