<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Crazy Day 

Yup, yet another non-stop crazy day in which I got super stressed and didn't have a moment to myself.

Skipped tennis again and was later for work because I holed out in the library for two hours trying to find some damn information for my Journalism research paper. Didn't have all that much luck, but let's hope that what I did manage to find will somehow be enough.

Despite all the trouble that it's put me through, I'm actually really excited about my project. It's just fascinating learning about this stuff firsthand because I've been enthralled by it ever since I saw the movie A League of Their Own.

And I managed to track down Lois Youngen. She was a catcher for the Fort Wayne Daisies from 1950-1954. So I'm gonna interview her on Friday. It's like history coming alive!

Julia made my day. The first thing she said to me at work today was "Happy New Year". I stared at her blankly for a second before I realized that she meant "Happy Chinese New Year." I was so surprised that she even knew it was Chinese New Year, since she's white and all. In fact she's the first and only person who's said that to me. So that was really nice.

We ended up having lunch together amidst a lively discussion of the Chinese Calendar-- something which she knows way more about than I do. And who's Asian here? hah.

Practice today was awesome. I kinda feel like I'm getting back in my groove. Which is good because our first game is this Sunday. Everyone's getting pumped up for that. Jenny the goalie ran into practice today all excited because she got cool looking "O" decals for her helmet. She was like a happy little kid! It was pretty funny.

Internet's STILL down and I'm even more pissed. So I'm writing this at the library again. But I'm gonna go get dinner now. Adios to you lazy asses who are lounging around and eating all that yummy Chinese New Year food.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com