Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Court Date
Well today I went to court to deal with the MIP Alcohol Violation I got a couple of weeks ago.
Basically me, Mia and Jenna got there at about 12:45pm and checked in at the front. Because Jenna had to hurry back to school to take a midterm at 2pm, she asked the clerk if she could be one of the first few accused to speak to the judge.
I jumped on the bandwagon and lied, saying that I had the same midterm. I figured it would be great if we could get out of there quickly. Mia on the other hand, decided not to give them the bogus midterm story.
Jenna and I ended up being amongst the first few to get to go before the judge. We pleaded guilty, and went outside to fill in paperwork. Basically you pay a $60 court fee- which you know goes into the cops' pocket- a then pay $50 to sign up for an educational anti-alcohol program.
Jenna had to leave at 1:45 in order to get back to class to take her exam. But I told Mia I would wait for her, so I waited at the Starbucks down the street.
Waited. And waited. And waited.
She took forever! It was 3pm by the time she got her turn and finally came to meet me!
Sometimes, honestly isn't really the best policy. It's all about self preservation. Stoopid Mia! If only she'd thrown them the midterm lie, we'd have been out of that place by 2pm!
Basically me, Mia and Jenna got there at about 12:45pm and checked in at the front. Because Jenna had to hurry back to school to take a midterm at 2pm, she asked the clerk if she could be one of the first few accused to speak to the judge.
I jumped on the bandwagon and lied, saying that I had the same midterm. I figured it would be great if we could get out of there quickly. Mia on the other hand, decided not to give them the bogus midterm story.
Jenna and I ended up being amongst the first few to get to go before the judge. We pleaded guilty, and went outside to fill in paperwork. Basically you pay a $60 court fee- which you know goes into the cops' pocket- a then pay $50 to sign up for an educational anti-alcohol program.
Jenna had to leave at 1:45 in order to get back to class to take her exam. But I told Mia I would wait for her, so I waited at the Starbucks down the street.
Waited. And waited. And waited.
She took forever! It was 3pm by the time she got her turn and finally came to meet me!
Sometimes, honestly isn't really the best policy. It's all about self preservation. Stoopid Mia! If only she'd thrown them the midterm lie, we'd have been out of that place by 2pm!
Comments:
Post a Comment