Sunday, January 23, 2005
Wanted: 30 Hour Days
Ok I think 24hours in a day are nowhere near enough. Or at least that's what I'm blaming my time shortage on.
This past week has gone by in a blur with me feeling as though I'm constantly trying to play catch-up with the barrage of work and activities coming my way. Ok. Maybe more activities than work.
I guess that's why I'm so behind in my reading for a bunch of classes. Every weekend I tell myself that this is the weekend I'm gonna get caught up on everything. It never happens. This term has been such a social term that I always end up having more pressing matters to take care of.
Went to a Ducks basketball game last night and realized that there's a reason why I prefer the football games to the basketball games. Basketball is a less dramatic game in general. Each basket is 2 points. 3 at most. Big deal. In football, each score is worth 7 points. So when someone scores, the crowd goes fucking wild! Basketball games can't even begin to compare.
Anyway, Mia bought me breakfast at Carson this morning with her meal points. So I got to stuff my face at a buffet for an hour! How awesome is that? I love my juniors!
After that I went to this training seminar with a bunch of girls from the team. Its waitress and catering training for an event that's going on next weekend. The caterers will pay the LAX team funding money if we act as servers for an evening.
Finally I went over to Sully's to watch football. The AFC championship game. Patriots vs. Steelers. Biggest game of the year. Pats won. Whoo!
And now I really must try and make a dent in the pile of work that's awaiting my attention. I think a caffeine jolt might be in order.
This past week has gone by in a blur with me feeling as though I'm constantly trying to play catch-up with the barrage of work and activities coming my way. Ok. Maybe more activities than work.
I guess that's why I'm so behind in my reading for a bunch of classes. Every weekend I tell myself that this is the weekend I'm gonna get caught up on everything. It never happens. This term has been such a social term that I always end up having more pressing matters to take care of.
Went to a Ducks basketball game last night and realized that there's a reason why I prefer the football games to the basketball games. Basketball is a less dramatic game in general. Each basket is 2 points. 3 at most. Big deal. In football, each score is worth 7 points. So when someone scores, the crowd goes fucking wild! Basketball games can't even begin to compare.
Anyway, Mia bought me breakfast at Carson this morning with her meal points. So I got to stuff my face at a buffet for an hour! How awesome is that? I love my juniors!
After that I went to this training seminar with a bunch of girls from the team. Its waitress and catering training for an event that's going on next weekend. The caterers will pay the LAX team funding money if we act as servers for an evening.
Finally I went over to Sully's to watch football. The AFC championship game. Patriots vs. Steelers. Biggest game of the year. Pats won. Whoo!
And now I really must try and make a dent in the pile of work that's awaiting my attention. I think a caffeine jolt might be in order.
Comments:
Post a Comment