Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Spring in the Dead of Winter!
Today was so warm that if I didn't know better I would swear that Spring had chased the winter away.
But nah, I figure it's just freak weather. Geez. Ice storm on Saturday morning, sunny, humid day on Monday. What next?!?!
Anyway, everyone enjoyed the warm weather. Especially at lacrosse. We had a kick-ass time playing in the sun, with everyone decked out in tank tops and shorts.
But today was great in more ways than one. Because I finally have some summer prospects! Last night, I went on a Career search frenzy and spent four hours hunting down as many semi-pro sports teams on the West Coast that I could find websites for. Then I emailed like 18 teams to ask if they needed/wanted an intern for the summer in their media department.
Today I got several emails back. One from the LA Amazons, a women's professional American Football team, one from the Seattle Storm-- a women's professional basketball team, one from Curve Magazine, and another one from the San Diego Sea Lions, an amateur women's soccer club.
The guy from the Sea Lions sounded pretty enthusiastic in the email, and he asked me to call him to work things out. I did. And he's practically throwing the job in my lap! According to him, being a semi-pro team, they don't really have a media department. So he's been writing all the press releases. And he's the team manager!
Basically, they're eager to offer me a job for the summer. The catch is that: a) I wouldn't be paid. So it would be purely for academic credit only. b) They aren't providing living accomodations either... in San Diego, CA. c) I would probably need a car to get around.
Okay, that's 3 catches. But still, its a start. And it could be my security net in the event that I can't find anything else. Because he sounds like they desperately need an intern. All I have to do is send him my resume and a couple of news clippings of my work. This is tight!
But nah, I figure it's just freak weather. Geez. Ice storm on Saturday morning, sunny, humid day on Monday. What next?!?!
Anyway, everyone enjoyed the warm weather. Especially at lacrosse. We had a kick-ass time playing in the sun, with everyone decked out in tank tops and shorts.
But today was great in more ways than one. Because I finally have some summer prospects! Last night, I went on a Career search frenzy and spent four hours hunting down as many semi-pro sports teams on the West Coast that I could find websites for. Then I emailed like 18 teams to ask if they needed/wanted an intern for the summer in their media department.
Today I got several emails back. One from the LA Amazons, a women's professional American Football team, one from the Seattle Storm-- a women's professional basketball team, one from Curve Magazine, and another one from the San Diego Sea Lions, an amateur women's soccer club.
The guy from the Sea Lions sounded pretty enthusiastic in the email, and he asked me to call him to work things out. I did. And he's practically throwing the job in my lap! According to him, being a semi-pro team, they don't really have a media department. So he's been writing all the press releases. And he's the team manager!
Basically, they're eager to offer me a job for the summer. The catch is that: a) I wouldn't be paid. So it would be purely for academic credit only. b) They aren't providing living accomodations either... in San Diego, CA. c) I would probably need a car to get around.
Okay, that's 3 catches. But still, its a start. And it could be my security net in the event that I can't find anything else. Because he sounds like they desperately need an intern. All I have to do is send him my resume and a couple of news clippings of my work. This is tight!
Comments:
Post a Comment