Thursday, January 06, 2005
The New and the Old
Well, practice began in earnest today, kicked up by a mile-long run. Surprisingly I haven't become a wheezebag after my month's worth of boozing it up and partying. Good to know. In fact I don't think I did too badly at all.
Anyway, it was just good to get back on the field. Run around a little bit, start throwing again. All good fun.
And guess who I bumped into today. Katie. Yes, the same Katie from last year who went to Japan. The same Katie whose last words to me the last time I saw her were "Have a good life"-- said in parting as friends who were pretty sure they'd never see each other again.
I was unlocking my bike after class to go to practice when someone called my name. I looked up and it was her. She says she wants to play lacrosse this year. Cool. So I gave her my number and told her to call me because I had to rush to practice. She said she would. So maybe I'll we'll see each other at practice next week. It'll be interesting.
More good news. It is officially 10:52pm ladies and gentlemen. And yours truly is still awake. Which is a very good thing because it's the first time all week that I havent collapsed into a coma before 10pm. We're making progress here. Maybe I'll actually sleep in beyond the break of dawn tomorrow morning.
Or would that be too much to hope for?
Anyway, it was just good to get back on the field. Run around a little bit, start throwing again. All good fun.
And guess who I bumped into today. Katie. Yes, the same Katie from last year who went to Japan. The same Katie whose last words to me the last time I saw her were "Have a good life"-- said in parting as friends who were pretty sure they'd never see each other again.
I was unlocking my bike after class to go to practice when someone called my name. I looked up and it was her. She says she wants to play lacrosse this year. Cool. So I gave her my number and told her to call me because I had to rush to practice. She said she would. So maybe I'll we'll see each other at practice next week. It'll be interesting.
More good news. It is officially 10:52pm ladies and gentlemen. And yours truly is still awake. Which is a very good thing because it's the first time all week that I havent collapsed into a coma before 10pm. We're making progress here. Maybe I'll actually sleep in beyond the break of dawn tomorrow morning.
Or would that be too much to hope for?
Comments:
Post a Comment