<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

108 Bottles of Wine! 

Last night was simply the most fun I've ever had at a lacrosse fundraiser.

I carpooled there at 3 with Jenny, Hannah and Mia. We were fed and then told to start work. I ended up being a busser. Which means that I would bring the trays of food from the kitchen to the tables, and then clear the plates from the tables and bring them to the dishwashers.

To my relief I didn't drop anything on anyone, but was actually relatively proficient at balancing a tray on my shoulder and walking it out onto the floor.

Still, the best part was what all of us did in between duties. We would congregate behind the scenes, munching on bread and extra plates of food that hadn't been served. Towards the end, we realized that no one was gonna notice if we started drinking some of the zillion uncorked bottles of wine there were left on the side tables.

So the wine became the focus of the evening. I had 3 full cups throughout the course of the night. When they told us to start boxing up the extra wine, things got even more interesting.

Jenny's busser was from the rugby team, and he invited all of us to a rugby party after the event. While boxing the wine, he told us to help bring the boxes to his truck instead of into the catering van. So we did. In the end, the rugby boys got away with 9 cases of wine! 12 bottles in each case. That means they got 108 bottles!!!!

But me, Beth and Mia decided to grab some wine of our own. So we pulled a Mission Impossible. Together, we snuck out to where the remaining boxes of wine were sitting on the floor waiting to be hauled into the truck. Then Mia dragged it into the bushes, Beth ran to drive her car over, and I played lookout.

Together, me and Mia got a box of wine across the street and into some shrubbery. As we were waiting for Beth to come with the car, some boys from the track team stood there looking at us and laughing as they got into their car. Since they were cute, I invited them to the rugby party and gave one of them my number.

Beth came up with the car and we hauled the box into the back seat. And so the lacrosse girls officially stole our own case.

After work, Jenny, Mia and Me went to the party for a while and indulged in some of the 108 bottles of free wine. Jenny later came back to my place to drink a bit more wine. Then we went to iHop for 'breakfast' at 2am. And I got back at 3.

Oh and in the process of last night, me and Jenny bonded and are now talking about the idea of living together next year. So wow, the fundraiser might've solved my other problem of having to find roommates for next year!

I love lacrosse.


Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com