Friday, November 12, 2004
Redwoods, Here I Come!
Well then, this will be my last post till Sunday, because I'll be heading off on the Geology field trip to the Redwoods in California tomorrow at 4pm. It'll be me, Kate and Kara.
I'm giving up a lot of stuff that's important to me so that I can go on this trip, so it better be worth it!!! Even now, after I've pretty much decided that I'll be going, I'm still really bummed that I'll be missing our lacrosse game against Oregon State on Sunday morning. I REALLY wanted to play in it. Dammit.
Anyway, I fully intended to catch up on some homework and be productive tonight. But that didn't happen because Alec came by to drop off the sleeping bag she'd agreed to lend me. It was supposed to be a real quick thing whereby she pops in, drops off the bag, I give her a tour of the house, we hang for a bit and she's gone within the hour.
Uh uh. Didn't happen that way. Alec got here at 9:15pm. We went into my room, sat down and started talking. And didn't stop till 2:15am. If you can believe that. That's just like 5 hours straight. Doing nothing and getting to know each other.
Its strange that we managed to sustain a very animated the conversation for so long though. Seeing that its only the second time that I've ever hung out with this chick. Before tonight, I'd had dinner with her once. That was the limit of my familiarity with her. Guess that all changed after tonight. haha.
I'm giving up a lot of stuff that's important to me so that I can go on this trip, so it better be worth it!!! Even now, after I've pretty much decided that I'll be going, I'm still really bummed that I'll be missing our lacrosse game against Oregon State on Sunday morning. I REALLY wanted to play in it. Dammit.
Anyway, I fully intended to catch up on some homework and be productive tonight. But that didn't happen because Alec came by to drop off the sleeping bag she'd agreed to lend me. It was supposed to be a real quick thing whereby she pops in, drops off the bag, I give her a tour of the house, we hang for a bit and she's gone within the hour.
Uh uh. Didn't happen that way. Alec got here at 9:15pm. We went into my room, sat down and started talking. And didn't stop till 2:15am. If you can believe that. That's just like 5 hours straight. Doing nothing and getting to know each other.
Its strange that we managed to sustain a very animated the conversation for so long though. Seeing that its only the second time that I've ever hung out with this chick. Before tonight, I'd had dinner with her once. That was the limit of my familiarity with her. Guess that all changed after tonight. haha.
Comments:
Post a Comment