<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Back from Thanksgiving 

Thanksgiving break is over. And boy did I have an awesome time.

Started out by going up to Sarah's place in Portland on Wednesday where we spent Thanksgiving with her family. Her brothers were hot, nice, but not my type. And oh geez, her family's even more Asian than mine. Which is weird since you have to figure in the fact that they're American and we're not.

Anyway, Sarah and her brothers speak Korean to their dad. And I guess they're just very in touch with their roots. Something most people would say I am not. And something certain other people might pick a bone with. But as easy going and free-spirited as I am, to those people, I 'd say fuck you. To each his own right? :p

So Thursday night, we had dinner at Sarah's cousin's place. And her cousin has these adorable kids whom I spent all night playing with. Lilly 9, Jacob 7, Josh 5 and the little 6-month-old baby girl Taylor. You better believe I enjoyed myself! They were all so fucking cute!!!!!

Friday. We woke up at 5am to go catch the post-Thanksgiving day sales. Most shops open at 6am and slash their prices the day after Thanksgiving. It was awesome! I spentt $$$$. haha.. Then in the afternoon, Sarah drove me to Hillsboro and dropped me off with Kara.

With Kara's family, I drove down to Seaside, OR-- a little beach-resort kinda town where her family had rented a beach house for the weekend.

Kara's family is awesome. Around them you feel like you're on the set of Cheaper By the Dozen. For one thing, there are five kids. Her oldest brother Jesse is 24, her older sister Elana is 21 and a senior at the UO. Then comes Kara who's my age. Followed by her younger sister Hannah who's 17. And finally Sam, the baby of the family at 12.

Her dad is this big booming guy who typifies the stereotype of the middle America easy going jolly family dad. Ditto for Mama Wendell.

Basically, we had a rollicking time at Seaside. Me, Kara, Hannah and Hannah's friend also named Hannah just hung out a lot, went crazy in the hot tub and walked on the beach barefoot, at risk of getting frostbite. It was all good fun.

I love the Wendell's. Awesome family. Dysfunctionally lovable. And I had a blast. Now Dead Week is upon us and its back to work. Peace out.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com