Tuesday, October 26, 2004
Sophomore Slump?
I just looked through a few entries from last year, and I have to say... does my life seem a little less action-packed this year? Or is it just me?
Heh. I guess looking at everything through the wide eyes of a green freshman can make the world seem a lot more interesting. I'm not complaining. Life is still good. And I'm still having fun. But I think it's getting a little more routine. Everything that happens to me now is less of a novelty because, well, a lot of it's happened once before...
Went to Weight Training today. And that's commendable because I've found it really difficult to motivate myself to go to that class. The lack of competition of any sort leaves me without anything to sustain my interest. I didn't foresee that problem, but it's certainly become an issue this past couple of weeks.
Anyway we bench-pressed till my arms felt like they would break. I can feel muscles growing already! Props to me.
Also bumped into Miriam Gershow today. She's the writing teacher I had last year. One of the most amazing teachers I've ever had the pleasure of being tutored under. The sort that inspires and makes you want to work just because you don't want to let them down. Kinda like Narindar.. for those of you who've been in CJ and know who I'm talking about anyway.
Think I'll enroll myself in creative writing when Miriam next teaches it.
Heh. I guess looking at everything through the wide eyes of a green freshman can make the world seem a lot more interesting. I'm not complaining. Life is still good. And I'm still having fun. But I think it's getting a little more routine. Everything that happens to me now is less of a novelty because, well, a lot of it's happened once before...
Went to Weight Training today. And that's commendable because I've found it really difficult to motivate myself to go to that class. The lack of competition of any sort leaves me without anything to sustain my interest. I didn't foresee that problem, but it's certainly become an issue this past couple of weeks.
Anyway we bench-pressed till my arms felt like they would break. I can feel muscles growing already! Props to me.
Also bumped into Miriam Gershow today. She's the writing teacher I had last year. One of the most amazing teachers I've ever had the pleasure of being tutored under. The sort that inspires and makes you want to work just because you don't want to let them down. Kinda like Narindar.. for those of you who've been in CJ and know who I'm talking about anyway.
Think I'll enroll myself in creative writing when Miriam next teaches it.
Comments:
Post a Comment