Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Low on Motivation
Okay it's two weeks into the term. My room's all set up. Classes are in full swing. Yet why the fuck am I so unmotivated right now?
I get outta class, come home. Hang around, basically don't do very much at all. Then at 10pm I rush homework or reading. Basically I'm doing the bare minimum to stay afloat. Which is not good. Because I'd like to keep my 3.65 GPA thank you very much.
History's fun. I like military history so the readings are actually really interesting. Journalism's okay. It's not a bad class aside from the Automatic-F rule. That means that if there is a single grammatical error or spelling mistake in any assignment you turn in, you get an automatic F, no questions asked. Still, there is a reprieve: You get a do-over.
Then there's Humanities. We're studying Greeks again. Not the most scintillating stuff. But tolerable. And finally goddamn Geology. I. Hate. Geology. No wait. I take that back. Actually, I. Hate. Science. Everytime I have to do it, I bitch and kick and scream. I'm trying to make up a list of reasons to force myself to work through Geology this term and not drop the damn class already.
1. There are cool field trips.
2. After I'm done with this, I only have ONE science class to do for the rest of my entire life.
3. The prof is a transvestite. Makes for interesting observation.
4. Did I mention the cool field trips.
Yes, so too bad this post was nothing more than a bitch fest. I have two words for everyone who's got a problem with that. Bite. Me.
I get outta class, come home. Hang around, basically don't do very much at all. Then at 10pm I rush homework or reading. Basically I'm doing the bare minimum to stay afloat. Which is not good. Because I'd like to keep my 3.65 GPA thank you very much.
History's fun. I like military history so the readings are actually really interesting. Journalism's okay. It's not a bad class aside from the Automatic-F rule. That means that if there is a single grammatical error or spelling mistake in any assignment you turn in, you get an automatic F, no questions asked. Still, there is a reprieve: You get a do-over.
Then there's Humanities. We're studying Greeks again. Not the most scintillating stuff. But tolerable. And finally goddamn Geology. I. Hate. Geology. No wait. I take that back. Actually, I. Hate. Science. Everytime I have to do it, I bitch and kick and scream. I'm trying to make up a list of reasons to force myself to work through Geology this term and not drop the damn class already.
1. There are cool field trips.
2. After I'm done with this, I only have ONE science class to do for the rest of my entire life.
3. The prof is a transvestite. Makes for interesting observation.
4. Did I mention the cool field trips.
Yes, so too bad this post was nothing more than a bitch fest. I have two words for everyone who's got a problem with that. Bite. Me.
Comments:
Post a Comment