<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

Its All About the FOOD 

Today was the very first time I actually made something from scratch with my own two bare hands. It turned out... okay.

See I got a recipe for poached orange chicken from some website. It looked easy enough, so I decided to try it out. I suppose it was easy to cook, but hard to perfect.

The recipe calls for boiling the chicken breasts in this sauce made of pure orange juice, green onions and black pepper. The trick is to get the chicken to cook properly while not burning the sauce. Because hey, every idiot knows that if you burn orange juice, you'll get one hell of a bitter-tasting mess on your hands.

I didn't burn the juice. At least I don't think so. But somehow, the whole thing came out with a tinge of a slightly bitter after-taste. It wasn't the best thing I've ever made. Don't pity me though. Pity everyone else whom I'd invited to dinner.

Reese, Dan, Aki and Rachel had to eat it and say it tasted good. Because after all, I'd taken the effort to get off my fat ass and cook. It wasn't all that bad as far as food goes, but hey, I readily rate it a 2/5 if even that.

It's all right. I'm getting better. The first time I made everyone food, I overcooked the beef. This time the sauce is a little bitter. Next time I'll nail it. After all, third time's the charm!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com